Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Re: Protune settings removed from app

[ New ]

Bring back ProTune, or I'll be switching to another action camera. I'm sure there are plenty of customers who will do the same.

Sightseer

[ New ]

I've got a video streaming project in three days, and have been struggling to figure out where the Protune settings went in the app. This is disgusting. I can't work with the pro gear we've rented unless I can tune the GoPro from the app.

Please give us a solution to this, GoPro.

Hiker

[ New ]

This happens when company wants you to buy remote. Greed is root of all evil.

Bring back ProTune to apps, that's so basic. Insta360 can do this, hell, they can do waaay more than this in their apps. GoPro need to seriously reevaluate this decision to remove ProTune.

Sightseer

[ New ]

what the f**k .. how am i supposed to change the settings now if i can't physically access gopro 8? What about gopro sesion users? This is a disgusting step backwards !!!

Sightseer

[ New ]

somewhere in the Gopro war room people discussing stocks going down:

- guys, one of the problems is our touchscreen on hero9 is disgustingly bad... You see how even tech reviewers struggle to show menu interactions doing multiple cuts to get to the right menu. What can we do about it?

- lets remove the Protune settings used by Pros that require most touches from the phone app so that users will curse us constantly for doing so? 

- that sounds like a great idea, schedule to the next release!

Tourist

[ New ]

@hellt wrote:

somewhere in the Gopro war room people discussing stocks going down:

- guys, one of the problems is our touchscreen on hero9 is disgustingly bad... You see how even tech reviewers struggle to show menu interactions doing multiple cuts to get to the right menu. What can we do about it?

- lets remove the Protune settings used by Pros that require most touches from the phone app so that users will curse us constantly for doing so? 

- that sounds like a great idea, schedule to the next release!

You do realize that no one at GoPro is listening to any of these complaints on this forum? They simply do not care and this is the way it will go forward, this will not be changed.

Hiker

[ New ]
.... "Oh, but the Session doesn't even have a touchscreen"

"Mission Accomplished"
Tourist

[ New ]
It would be nice to hear something from GoPro about their plans (if any) to address this situation. I’ve been holding out hope waiting for an app update or at least the mention of one to make the settings accessible again. Without being able to see the changes/settings, my GoPro has become completely useless for its intended application. I can’t reach the back of the camera and can’t touch it once it’s in place. I know Obviously I’m not the only one. Presets will not cut it. I can’t even make presets without being able to see the effects of the settings lol. Please say something GoPro! I’m pulling for you guys, and I already have a good chunk invested in your products/ accessories. But if no fix is on the way, I Have to move on and soon!