Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Re: Protune settings removed from app

[ New ]

How about Hero4 Session? It can't be set on camera directly. For now, I reverted to 7.3.1.
What other features you would remove for my other camera - Hero9? Hypersmooth?

Tourist

[ New ]

Dear GoPro...

Please return the ProTune settings to the app or bring back the previous app so we (professionals) can use it. I've invested a lot of money last year buying a brand-new Hero 7 Black, Hero 8 black with Media Mod, Light Mod and Display Mod and even the Hero 9 Black with Media Mod and a few housings. I'm using all this gear to do live streaming together with a professional Panasonic camera and the setting changes many times. Even when we start streaming during daylight times and it gets darker and we change lights I have to change my ProTune settings which isn't possible to do it when my GoPro's are connected to my Video Switcher and mounted in positions where you even can't unplug it and do it manually at the menu. With using your (previous) perfect app it was all possible using my iPhone; changing all the ProTune: ISO / Shutter / FPS / White Balance. All of these settings I (and so many other pro-users) are removed. So.. please make the previous app available or build back better. Bring back ProTune. Thanks in advance. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

please add protune back in the next update

Tourist

[ New ]

I use Hero 7 Blacks attached to the side of moving vehicles, and rely on remote control from the driver/passenger seat. Removal of ProTune from the app is the latest in GoPro's recent run of tonedeaf changes. Try pointing a QR Code at a camera attached to the side of a van that's travelling at 100km/h. I'm also not going to be installing beta firmware in mission-critical cameras just so I can do beta testing on GoPro's behalf.

The solutions I have found so far include:

• Android: sideloading an APK of the GoPro app - needs to be version 7.3.1 or earlier. Can be found on Softpedia and other APK archive sites.
  • iOS: don't upgrade from 7.3.0 if you can help it; otherwise third party apps Multi Camera Control for GoPro and BLE Remote for GoPro (but you lose live view).

GoPro has been very cryptic about the reasons for this feature removal. One can only speculate that it's related to their dire financial situation + legal tangles with Contour IP Holding. Avoid paying the licensing for Contour, whilst pushing for more sales through obsolescence - genius!

Sightseer

[ New ]

This is total bull**bleep** and you know it!!!!  Return the app funtionality or you're going to loose SO MANY users.  

Tourist

[ New ]

So the response from GoPro was "I talked to a guy and it was removed"

It's either a lie or bad information. 

Things aren't just "removed" for no reason. 

Tourist

[ New ]

@kellylaundromat wrote:

I use Hero 7 Blacks attached t

GoPro has been very cryptic about the reasons for this feature removal. One can only speculate that it's related to their dire financial situation + legal tangles with Contour IP Holding. Avoid paying the licensing for Contour, whilst pushing for more sales through obsolescence - genius!

No I think the reason for the removal is that drone users where buying GoPro cameras and taking them apart to remove the screen to make them more light and this way you can only change settings with the app. So GoPro response seems to be that instead of creating a camera with that form factor instead they are trying to discourage/punish those people. GoPro marketing team seems to be just completely clueless on how to treat their customers.

Tourist

[ New ]

Please bring back the Protunes settings in the app. I will not give gopro anymore business and will not renew the gopro cloud until this is fixed.