Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: Protune settings removed from app

[ New ]
As an FYI if you’re also trying to use this via HDMI out the remote will not let you adjust protune either. So basically there is no easy way to adjust settings on the fly when trying to use this as a webcam/streamer without unplugging touching camera putting back in place and testing until you are happy. Count 2021 as the year GoPro becomes obsolete from my kit and likely many others. Even when playing catch up to try to stay afloat and having a great moment of captivity of an audience needing their devices they have found a way to blunder and disenfranchise users by selling solutions that are not throughly thought through before being pushed on end users.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I have a Hero5 Sessions.  Protune is turned on but I dont like the settings.  Looks like I am stuck with these crappy settings.  Why would GoPro remove the feature to adjust this through the iphone?  I can still asjust all the other settings but not Protune and Beep volume (which also sucks because I film hunting trips where we need to be super quiet.)  I cannot access any Protune menus on the tiny Sessions camera.

I am speaking with GoPro customer service through Live Chat, she says there are other third party apps that will allow you to change the protune settings like VSDC Video Editor.  But she cant tell me how because its not their software.  I call BS on a video editor changing camera settings.  Anyone know of other software for my iphone that can adjust the ProTune settings?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @biggydust

Sorry for any trouble caused.

The agent most likely suggested an app for post-process editing and not to control/change the settings of the camera.

Check out https://gopro.com/en/us/news/gopro-app-protune-feature-updates for recommended tips and tricks. We are also continuing to develop new features and ways of accessing existing camera settings to be most useful to GoPro users.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Is that a joke?

"Continuing to develop new ways of accessing existing camera settings to be most useful to GoPro users"

You may be delveloping new ways but you're also removing the most useful ways people are already using your products today. This is complete madness!

Tourist

[ New ]
New ways are great but removing functionality is just silly. I provided a clear example where your “new” ways do not solve this issue created by the removal. QR code’s while nice is not ideal during webcam / live streaming setups and the remote does not adjust protune settings during hdmi connections nor can you easily toggle saved profiles during a live feed which you could with the app....
Invest more time in QA and less time putting out beta labs features hoping something sticks to the wall. Erosion of a customer base starts with effecting power users. Some shiney new bells and whistles may grab you some market too but as they users figure out what they need and want they will jump ship finding it’s missing...
Tourist

[ New ]

@deftblaze03272 wrote:

Is that a joke?

"Continuing to develop new ways of accessing existing camera settings to be most useful to GoPro users"

You may be delveloping new ways but you're also removing the most useful ways people are already using your products today. This is complete madness!

Yes this is madness but this is obviously the way things are going to be in the future and the customers have no say.

Tourist

[ New ]
I read today on DPpreview forums this. I don’t know how true it is:

“Its called they lost their a patent court case to a camera company called Contour. Rather than pay royalties, its easier to simply change the method.”

Sightseer

[ New ]

I use(d) Protune constantly for my night lapse photography.  Now I have to view the screen each time I make an adjustment seems ludicrous.  Please bring back this functionality!