Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Protune settings removed from app

[ New ]

Why is this?

Sightseer
Sightseer

Re: Protune settings removed from app

[ New ]
I got a 4 session I can’t access pro tune at all in this new update
Sightseer

[ New ]

That's so stupid. Why would they remove it? Its so much easier to tune through the app while youre using the gopro. 

Tourist

[ New ]
This update has failed! Return Protune!
Sightseer

[ New ]

So I spoke with someone and they said they took it out and they have a few things planned out. And then I was told this was their recommendation:

If you recently opened the GoPro app hoping to change Protune settings or camera beep volume on a paired camera, you may have noticed these features are no longer available. And if you’re reading this now wondering if it is just you, it isn’t. It’s us.  

You can still control both Protune settings and camera beep volume directly on the camera. However, if accessing the back LCD display to do so is not possible in your creative workflow, here are some other methods we recommend.

1. Use Camera Presets - HERO9 Black and HERO8 Black allow users to customize up to 10 capture settings. We recommend you log your preferred Protune settings as presets. Then, use the GoPro app to easily toggle between custom presets while filming.
  2. Use one of the two GoPro smart remotes - The Remote (2020) or Smart Remote (2012) - If you have HERO9 Black, HERO8 Black and MAX, you can change capture presets using The Remote. If you have a HERO7 Black or earlier GoPro, you can use the Smart Remote to change Protune settings.
  3. Use GoPro Labs - We’ve developed a QR code method to control camera settings where all you have to do is point your camera at the QR code and it will trigger pre-determined settings. To access this, update your GoPro with GoPro Labs firmware, available here, and then create your own custom codes here.
Tourist

[ New ]
I’m a new user of the GoPro and having access to the settings in the app is invaluable, makes it very easy to change and verify things.
Removing these from the app just adds an unnecessary challenge to falling in love with the camera.

Request GoPro to bring the settings back.
Hiker

[ New ]

What's the logic here? Why would you remove ProTune settings from the app?

Are you telling me, the only way now to set white balance is to go into the screen on the actual GoPro or use QR codes with Labs?

What a strange move to make the lives of working professionals more difficult...

Many of us have to set framerates, white balance etc when using GoPros on productions, and these days, many many of us are using naked GoPros without screens.

What's the logic for this?

Sightseer

[ New ]

This is idiotic. I'm cancelling my GoPro subscription.