Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: Protune settings removed from app

[ New ]
Is GoPro deliberately trying to go out of business? First you remove the built in HDMI and make people pay for an add on, you can’t keep a camera on with a battery on it (it will and overheat and shut down), no display while having an HDMI plugged it (so I can see what TF I’m filming), SD card required to do GoPro Updates, and now, the ONLY reason to use the app which it to tweak a camera live. And now you pulled these out and we have to do this on the camera directly? Somebody should get fired for this. What FKN reason are we using this app for now? Pure retardedness at the highest level of retardation. PUT IT BACK IN MORONS!
Backpacker

[ New ]

It wasn't GoPro's choice to remove protune controls from the app, try reading previous entries in this post.  They explain the EXACT reasons it was removed and why.  

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

The response was for GoPro. There is no reason they can’t tune these setting an app regardless of the BS story of patent infringements.

Backpacker

[ New ]

Nobody asked you.

Actually, when you post in a public forum, you're asking THE PUBLIC.  Learn how these things work.

The response was for GoPro.

Actually a "response" is what you get when you pose a question or a statement that demands a response.  You don't post a "response" to a question or statement that hasn't been asked.  What you mean to say was "My statement/question was directed at GoPro and I was hoping they would respond directly to me".  However GoPro cannot respond to this at all due to the fact it's an ongoing court case and cannot discuss such things.  It would be a violation of a court order and lawyers advice.

There is no reason they can’t tune these setting an app regardless of the BS story of patent infringements.

There is a very good reason and it's called a "court mandated order".  This means they can't use these settings in their app until the court case is settled.  Don't worry if you don't understand, with your attitude towards other people the term "court mandated order" is something you'll hear a lot of in your lifetime.

Try to have a good day