Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Problems with GoPro videos in Quik App

I have already made a couple of movies with the Quik App and it worked fine. I always use videos from several devices (phone, drone, GoPro Hero Black 5) in one movie. In my latest project the App suddenly seems to have problems of processing the GoPro Videos (only the GoPro videos, phone and drone videos are fine). It always gets stuck in the transition to the next video for a couple of seconds and than skipes the next one completely. I thought maybe it's just a display problem in the processing mode but after converting it still has the errors. Tried to install the app new... didn't solve the problem. I don't know what to do anymore. Any suggestions? Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Problems with GoPro videos in Quik App

That resolution shouldn't be a problem as long as your phone can handle it. Try shooting a couple of test clips at a lower res and at 30fps and see if Quik is able to process those. If it is, the issue may be with the phone. Our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can troubleshoot that with you.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@manon007 - A couple of things to check. First, is there anything unusual about the files? For example, are they high res or high framerate videos? Second, do the original files play well on their own. I want to just make sure that the glitch isn't in the source file.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the quick response.
Framerate is on 30 and resolution is on 2,7k (accidently 2,7 3:4 but that should not be the problem, right? ).

Manon
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

That resolution shouldn't be a problem as long as your phone can handle it. Try shooting a couple of test clips at a lower res and at 30fps and see if Quik is able to process those. If it is, the issue may be with the phone. Our team at https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs can troubleshoot that with you.