07-05-2019 06:58 PM
I am having trouble accessing photos and videos shot with a Hero 5:
1) Only one-third of videos and photos I shot yesterday uploaded to the GoPro Plus cloud through the Auto Upload feature. When I attempt to select manual upload I receice a message: "No new media found". I can see and access the files directly on the camera and via the quick key on a mobile device, so the files are not corrupt. I spent 1 hour in a support chat, but the rep kept asking what kind of computer I was using - which was not a relevant question when the process involves plugging the camera into a USB-C port. Is there another avenue to upload media to the GoPro Plus Cloud other than directly from the camera?
2) I do not have enough internal storage on my phone to bring the files directly into the app and GoPro does not allow a user to import a phone's sd card.
3) There is a know issue of being unable to trim and save videos on many tablets including my Lenovo.
So in summary - I have lots of great footage that I would like to trim and edit, but I have no way to see and edit it in the app - cloud is not working, phone does not have enough internal storage, and there is a know error using tablets. My frustration level is about at it's boiling point especially with the inability to get my media to the cloud and GoPro support's inability to offer a constructive solution. Great hardware, but if the software solutions are not usable does great hardware even matter?
07-05-2019 10:56 PM - edited 07-05-2019 10:57 PM
1) The camera should be plugged into a wall charger, not computer, for Auto Cloud Uploading. You can upload media to the cloud through the GoPro app automatically. to do this, you must transfer the media to the GoPro app. This tends to be the fastest and most reliable method. Alternatively, you can load the media to your computer via the Quik Desktop app. As long as you are logged into GoPro Plus and have Auto Upload turned on in the Desktop app, your media will upload. Finally, you can log onto you account directly via gopro.com and go into your cloud media and upload directly.
2) Unfortunate. You should try moving other apps and media to your SD card to free up space. The media cannot be loaded directly to the SD card as it is loaded into the GoPro app for cloud uploading and better compatibility with GoPro Quik.
3) As Android is a fragmented system with many different devices and skins, not all devices will work with the same functionality. That being said, GoPro is working on a new app that will be released soon. hopefully it will address many of these issues.
07-10-2019 01:28 PM
The camera was plugged into a wall charger. I was able to get the media to load to my tablet using the quik key and it did load to the cloud from there. The media that I was having problems with initially, however, came in with a date stamp of Jan 2015. It was shot on the same day as the media that uploaded to the cloud without issue and on the same SD card. The only change is that I swapped batteries during the course of the day.
Is there a way in the GoPro app to change the date of the media files to the actual day they were shot?
I'm happy the media files are all in the cloud now, but the Quik app is now not working when selecting photos and videos to crearte a story - so it's one step forward, two steps back. It worked for me briefly yesterday, but reverted to crashing today whne attempting on two different Android devices.
07-11-2019 03:31 PM
Hello @tdoyle9871. Does the crash in Quik happen in certain conditions only, like adding a photo only? Does it matter where the media are sourced from? Are you getting any particular error message? Have you tried using a different mobile device? See if the troubleshooting steps here will help. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!
07-12-2019 08:28 AM
- The app crashes when adding photos. Just using videos it works fine.
- I only source the media from GoPro Plus
- No specific error message. Quik goes thru the processing and the screen to add a title popos up briefly and then the app shuts down. The project appears in the app, but any attempt to click on it to play or to click the edit button immediately crashes the app.
- I have attempted on two devices - Galaxy S7 and Lenovo Tab 10 - I get the same result on each device.
I have read thru the troubleshooting and have also taken the follwoing steps:
- I uninstalled and reinstalled both the GoPro app and Quik app on each device
- I restarted the devices
- Cleared imported media within Quik app
- Cleared downloaded songs within Quik app
- Cleared cache in App settings
- Selected video, photos, and one time lapse photo all from GoPro Plus cloud.
The app crashes after processing and briefly pulling up title screen (same problem as in recent weeks). The Quik story appears in the Quik app but any attempt to play or edit immediately causes the Quik app to crash.
07-15-2019 05:02 AM
Sorry about that.
So I hear you're talking about GOPRO PLUS PHOTOS only right?
Do you have the same issue if you take photos from your Phone and / or Google photos?
Can you try the usual log off of GoPro Plus and then log again.
Let me know.
07-15-2019 07:07 AM
Also here https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/I-can-t-upload-photos-to-my-Quik-app/m-p/363203... a user reported that it finally worked after downgrading to 5.0.6 and updating again to 5.0.7... quite mysterious...