Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Problemas A50 Samsung

No good. Downloaded the new app but still can't use it. App says 'camera found' but then 'we couldn't connect to your gopro' I have a 5 black. Camera and phone restarted etc.

Please tray again Gopro. This is truely hopeless. Feel like chucking an expensive camera in the rubbish bin...

Highlighted
Tourist

Finally I was successful, but not at the beginning. I updated the gopro app and also yesterday's Samsung update. I reset the bluetooth to eliminate the gopro from its list of known devices, I did the same in the gopro app, eliminating the camera, I also used the option to reset connections in the gopro menu and I started from scratch. It did not work at first. It said it had found my camera but still the wifi was not connecting. Then I tried again but quickly had a look at the list of available Wifi connections and there it was. It tried to connect but the connection was refused and then it disappeared from the list. I tried a third time but I quickly tapped the hero8 wifi and introduced the latest password (note that everytime you tap on reset connections on the gopro it changes its password). Then I was able to connect and things started to work. Try it also and I hope you succeed.
Highlighted
Tourist

You are right, I did the same through the wifi connection of the mobile, I can see my gopro and therefore connect the camera with the wifi password of my gopro. It seems to be ok now :)

Thank you support team for your job :)

Highlighted
Tourist

Puedes confirmarnos, si en segundos o más veces que conectaste la cámara funcionó. Hice los mismo que tú, y mi cámara se conectó, de hecho se actualizó el software, pero después ya no la pude conectar. Hace tiempo, antes de las actualizaciones de la app, y lo que está haciendo Gopro, pude sólo una vez controlar la cámara con mi A50, pero después el WiFi no reconocía la cámara. Por lo que puenso, que Gopro no ha hecho nada. Por favor Gopro ayuda, su cámara cara es de muy mala calidad y es desesperadamente.
Highlighted
Tourist

Sigue sin funcionar, la conexión con Bluetooth funciona de maravilla, el WiFi sigue siendo el problema. La desinstale y volví a instalar la app. Resetie las conexiones de la cámara, volví a conectar y nada, no se puede conectar. Es increíble que no funcione, el problema definitivamente es la cámara. Tengo una Nikon y con esa cámara, jamás he tenido problemas para conectar el WiFi.
Gopro, adquieran un A50 y hagan pruebas
20191109_063742.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

Ok, this is the step by step I did few minutes ago

Uninstall the gopro apps

Remove wifi & bluetooth connections on your gopro and mobile phone

Restart the A50 mobile

Install the new gopro apps

launch the pairing with the apps and the gopro until the message saying Wifi issue.... impossibile to join the camera...

Close the apps on your mobile and close the pairing on your gopro

Go back to the gopro connection menu \ Connect a new device \ gopro application 

Open the wifi connections on your mobile,

You should see your gopro name as an access point

Select it and key the wifi gopro password.

Close the pairing on your gopro, back to the gopro photo or video mode

Open the mobile apps.

and try to access to the camera.

It's quite long 20-30 sec before accessing to the camera...

I did not try several times the camera with the mobile phone so far but let see if it's work definitively

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @alixchavz,

Have you tried downloading the latest software update from Samsung?

Some users are reporting that Samsung's new software fixed their pairing issue. 

Please let us know. 

Thanks!

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

I have the latest version of Samsung A50, the issue with the WiFi conetion continues. Also the camera and app are updated with the last vertion.

I hope you can help me.