Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: Problemas A50 Samsung

[ New ]

Hello Everyone!

We have recently released an update for the GoPro app both on Android and iOS.

Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Hurra

Alle Einstellungen(Netzwerkverbindungen) auf Handy und Gopro7 noch einmal zurück gesetzt.

App gelöscht und neu installiert.Alles neu gestartet. Es hat geklappt mit meinem A50. Ich kann Sie steuern.

Tourist

[ New ]
¿Qué hiciste, porque yo sigo sin poder conectar mi A50 con mi GoPro?

GoPro, por favor ayuda, es desesperadamente no poder usar una cámara que además de todo es cara y de mala calidad. Es muy molesto
Tourist

[ New ]

Alixhavz, similar to you, the GoPro App on my A50 still does not connet to my Hero 5 after the update. However, unlike boldpeak578, I did not uninstall and re-install the app. Good to know it worked for him. It remains incredible that the App on my old Samsung A5 continues to connect without problem to the Hero 5.

Hiker

[ New ]
Ich habe gestern die Version 6.2.1 herunter geladen. GoPro auf Werkseinstellungen gesetzt. Handy Netzwerksstellungen zurück gesetzt. Alles neu gestartet. Es ging nicht. Heute morgen noch gesehen das Samsung ein Sicherheits Update hat. Dieses herunter geladen. Dann noch einmal die selben Schritte wie gestern. Und dann funktionierte es.
Tourist

[ New ]
I updated both gopro hero5 black y gopro app on my galaxy a50...but I cant't pair yet....GOPRO TEAM PLEASE WE NEED HELP.
Screenshot_20191108-134332_GoPro.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

No good. Downloaded the new app but still can't use it. App says 'camera found' but then 'we couldn't connect to your gopro' I have a 5 black. Camera and phone restarted etc.

Please tray again Gopro. This is truely hopeless. Feel like chucking an expensive camera in the rubbish bin...

Tourist

[ New ]
Finally I was successful, but not at the beginning. I updated the gopro app and also yesterday's Samsung update. I reset the bluetooth to eliminate the gopro from its list of known devices, I did the same in the gopro app, eliminating the camera, I also used the option to reset connections in the gopro menu and I started from scratch. It did not work at first. It said it had found my camera but still the wifi was not connecting. Then I tried again but quickly had a look at the list of available Wifi connections and there it was. It tried to connect but the connection was refused and then it disappeared from the list. I tried a third time but I quickly tapped the hero8 wifi and introduced the latest password (note that everytime you tap on reset connections on the gopro it changes its password). Then I was able to connect and things started to work. Try it also and I hope you succeed.
Tourist

[ New ]

You are right, I did the same through the wifi connection of the mobile, I can see my gopro and therefore connect the camera with the wifi password of my gopro. It seems to be ok now :)

Thank you support team for your job :)

Tourist

[ New ]
Puedes confirmarnos, si en segundos o más veces que conectaste la cámara funcionó. Hice los mismo que tú, y mi cámara se conectó, de hecho se actualizó el software, pero después ya no la pude conectar. Hace tiempo, antes de las actualizaciones de la app, y lo que está haciendo Gopro, pude sólo una vez controlar la cámara con mi A50, pero después el WiFi no reconocía la cámara. Por lo que puenso, que Gopro no ha hecho nada. Por favor Gopro ayuda, su cámara cara es de muy mala calidad y es desesperadamente.
Tourist

[ New ]
Sigue sin funcionar, la conexión con Bluetooth funciona de maravilla, el WiFi sigue siendo el problema. La desinstale y volví a instalar la app. Resetie las conexiones de la cámara, volví a conectar y nada, no se puede conectar. Es increíble que no funcione, el problema definitivamente es la cámara. Tengo una Nikon y con esa cámara, jamás he tenido problemas para conectar el WiFi.
Gopro, adquieran un A50 y hagan pruebas
20191109_063742.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Ok, this is the step by step I did few minutes ago

Uninstall the gopro apps

Remove wifi & bluetooth connections on your gopro and mobile phone

Restart the A50 mobile

Install the new gopro apps

launch the pairing with the apps and the gopro until the message saying Wifi issue.... impossibile to join the camera...

Close the apps on your mobile and close the pairing on your gopro

Go back to the gopro connection menu \ Connect a new device \ gopro application 

Open the wifi connections on your mobile,

You should see your gopro name as an access point

Select it and key the wifi gopro password.

Close the pairing on your gopro, back to the gopro photo or video mode

Open the mobile apps.

and try to access to the camera.

It's quite long 20-30 sec before accessing to the camera...

I did not try several times the camera with the mobile phone so far but let see if it's work definitively

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @alixchavz,

Have you tried downloading the latest software update from Samsung?

Some users are reporting that Samsung's new software fixed their pairing issue. 

Please let us know. 

Thanks!

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]
I have the latest version of Samsung A50, the issue with the WiFi conetion continues. Also the camera and app are updated with the last vertion.

I hope you can help me.
Tourist

[ New ]

Dear alixchavz

The following worked for me:

1. On the A50, go to Settings, Apps, GoPro, Storage and delete all data OR uninstall, reboot phone and re-install GoPro App

2. Then also go to Settings, Connections and Wifi, Advanced, Manage Networks and then forget the "GoPro" one.

3. Repeat the above to unpair the GoPro from your phone's blootooth.

If this doesn't work for you, some people on other forums reported that they also reset all settings on their Hero 5 Black and first installed the update on the Hero 5 via the app. They also reported that they succeeded.

Hope it works out for you. It is indeed a very happy moment when it finally works after all the months' frustration.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing, @toughridge41475

Hello Everyone, 

A new version of the GoPro App has been released today. Please make sure that you have the latest version of the GoPro App (v6.2.2) installed. After the update, restart your phone, clear cache (cache only, not data) in the App settings on your phone, and try pairing with the camera again. Connectivity should be working this time. 

We'd love to hear back from you on how it goes on your end. Should you notice any further issues, please let us know by replying to this post and providing the following details:  

• A brief description of the issue and what you have tried
  • GoPro App version
  • Camera model and firmware version (e.g. HERO8 Black v1.20)
  • Phone Model (e.g. iPhone 7 or Samsung Galaxy S8)
  • Mobile OS (e.g. iOS 13.1.2 or Android 9.0)

Many thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
the same, I can't pair.
samsung a50 (october patch)
gopro app v6.2.2
android 9
Please help
Screenshot_20191113-153523_GoPro.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
Ha funcionado, la he podido conectar varias veces y ningún problema. Por fin puedo sacar provecho de la cámara. Muchas gracias.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hasn't worked for me. Still frustrated. Come on Go Pro, haow about fixing this problem for your loyal customers!

Tourist

[ New ]

I have 6.2.2 installed. Im using a Samsung A50 android with all the latest updates and I've tried almost everything suggested here. 

HELP ME!

Tourist

[ New ]
Desintala la aplicación, borra la vinculación con Bluetooth y WiFi de la cámara en el A50. Reinicialo, vuelve a instalar la aplicación, reinicia nuevamente el teléfono.
En la cámara, resetea las configuraciones de conexión.

Abre la aplicación en el teléfono, y comienza la vinculación con la aplicación. En el teléfono, busca en WiFi que identifique la cámara y conectala usando el password que indica la cámara. Y con eso se conecta.

A mí me funcionó, la he conectado varias veces sin problema.
Espero te funcione.
GoPro

[ New ]

So Sorry @marks21835 - users have reported it was working again...

Did you try the suggestions of @alixchavz ?

"Desintall the application, delete the pairing with Bluetooth and WiFi of the camera on the A50.
Restart it, reinstall the application, restart the phone again.
On the camera, reset the connection settings.

Open the application on the phone, and start pairing with the application. On the phone, look in WiFi to identify the camera and connect it using the password indicated by the camera. And with that it connects.

It worked for me, I have connected it several times without problem.
I hope it works for you."

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks by NO. I tried it three times but it did not work for me. My blood pressure is taking a hammering, so frustrating!

Tourist

[ New ]
Ya pude conectar mi cámara con mi Samsung A50, eliminé la vinculación de Bluetooth, eliminé la vinculación de WiFi, eliminé la cámara de la aplicación luego eliminé la aplicación reinicie el teléfono en la cámara reset a todas las conecciones y empecé a hacer todo desde cero instalando la app, agregando una nueva camara, en la cámara conectar a la app y listo me conectó y ya puedo verla.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for letting us know @dragon81

Sightseer

[ New ]

I also had a problem with a50 and Gopro Hero 5 Black about a month.. today I solved my problem. I just got a new update from Samsung today(2019/11/23). I updated my phone and then cleared the GoPro app cache memory and data on my phone. Then connect it with a GoPro. it worked then.Smiley WinkHeart now my headache solved.

Sightseer

[ New ]

Solved following the same steps!

Problema resuelto de la siguiente manera.

En español... instalen la última actualización de samsung.

En su teléfono A50:

Ajustes-Actualización de software-Descargar e instalar

Una vez actualizado...

Ajustes-Aplicaciones-GoPro-Almacenamiento-Eliminar datos y Eliminar caché

En cámara GoPro

Config conexión - Conectar nuevo dispositivo - GoPro APP

Abrir app de GoPro en A50 y seguir pasos para conectar.

No es necesario conectar wifi o bluetooth de manera manual.

Todo trabajando correcto. Saludos

Tourist

[ New ]

I've tried that several times now. I have the latest software on my A50. The camera and phone say they are connected but I cant control the camera via the app. It's VERY frustrating.

How about getting one of your tech guys to get an A50 and a GoPro hero5 and see if they can do it. If they can, post how here. 
Honestly, I'm totally fed up with this thing.Ive never had such a frustration piece of equipment in my life. GoPro PLEASE do SOMETHING!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Found the solution to connect A50 to gopro!!! 

I Enabled developer mode on Samsung A50 and my phone is able to connect to gopro and control it with all features.

Use these seps https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-turn-on-the-developer-options-menu-on-my-...

Spent a lot of time doing appreciate if you can like my Insta blog and subscribe to youtube channel for amazing motorcycle adventure gopro videos 

https://www.instagram.com/getsetride/?hl=en

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw22fp7DNF0nESTvQUTbRdw?

Regards

Jay