Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Anonymous

Problem connecting go pro hero 6 with huawei p8?

[ New ]

Hey, I have bought a gopro hero 6 and tried to connect it with the gopro app on a huawei p8. The problem is that the wifi connected always failes. It always starts connecting but when I go to my wifi setting on my phone, the gopro connection is never there? There is always a popup on the app on my phone where I can put in the password, but it keeps running. 

What further steps can I take to make it work?

Somebody else with this problem who can help me?

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Problem connecting go pro hero 6 with huawei p8?

[ New ]

Hi @gedagnors

Due to an Android 6 Marshmallow bug related to location permissions, location services must be enabled on your phone/device in order for the GoPro App to successfully scan for cameras.

Enabling any level of location services will enable WiFi scanning, so you can use ‘Battery Saving’ location mode to conserve battery life.

GoPro has a fix coming to better handle this issue and Google is making a bug fix related to this as well.

Regards,

Ej

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

Give these steps a try with your Huawei.

• Disable Wi-Fi+ from the device’s Wi-Fi settings screen.
  • Turn ON location services (GPS) on your phone before connecting your camera.
  • Navigate to Settings > Advanced Settings > Location Access > Access My Location.

That should get you connected! Let us know.

Best,

Ryan

Anonymous

[ New ]

Hi Ryan 

I have tried this but it still doesn't connect.

As I said it starts connecting and then you normally have to go to your wifi settings and find your gopro there, but it still doesn't show.

In the app I get the popup to put in the password but it still won't connect.

Any further steps I can undertake?

many thanks 

Tom

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

Is your camera up to date? You may want to try a manual update to see if that takes care of it: https://gopro.com/update/hero6

Best,

Ryan

Anonymous

[ New ]
I bought my camera thursday, so I think it is up to date?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous,

Since the camera has been released there have been 2 updates! Make sure your camera is up to date. The most recent firmware is v1.60.

Best,
Ryan

Anonymous

[ New ]
I have done my updates but I still have the same problem. I also checked my phone for any updates and my phone is up to date.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hey @Anonymous,

If you get in touch with our Support Team they should be able to walk you through the process of getting paired up and troubleshoot your specific phone! https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Best,

Ryan