Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Preview unavailable and not able to see my footage on GoPro App

I just bought a GoPro MAX

I am able to connect my Google Pixel to the camera and I am able to control it (take photos, start videos etc. from the app on my phone). 
However, I am not able to "enable preview" so I can see what the camera sees. Furthermore I can't see my media I just filmed on the camera. Which means I can't download my media and edit the media in the app.

How can I help this problem?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Preview unavailable and not able to see my footage on GoPro App

Hello @royalwater54447. Please try to unpair and re-pair your camera to the app. Clearing the cache for the GoPro app in your device's settings under the "Applications" section can also help.

There are some troubleshooting suggestions here that may help.

If the issue persists, we'd like to gather a few more details to help us isolate the issue. Could you please tell us your workflow and the error message that you get?

Highlighted
Tourist

I have already tried to unpair and repair the app. Also have I cleared the cache for the gopro app. Furthermore have I tried to reinstall the app again and pair the camera again but I get the same error. 

I've attached a screenshot of the error I get whenever I try to "enable preview" and when I try to open the "view media" tab.

The point of having a 360 camera kinda disappears when your app is this full of problems. I could've just bought a normal gopro hero instead cos I have no option to edit my 360 footage anyway.......

Screenshot_20200711-230333.png
Highlighted
GoPro

@royalwater54447 

Sorry about that.

Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well.

This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth

Let me know how this goes.