Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Please add "Storage Selection" on Android

Dear GoPro Team,

My Phone has 500 MB internal Storage left. I have 52 GB of free space on my SD Card. Especially now, with the awesome new Quik Stories function that downloads footage automatically, choosing to save to internal storage or SD card would be perfect.

A small function to implement that would make many users very happy!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Hiker

Re: Please add "Storage Selection" on Android

Found a fix!

Go to Settings > Memory and Storage > Default location and set it to SD Card.

The GoPro App will now download any captured footage to the SD Card.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

Found a fix!

Go to Settings > Memory and Storage > Default location and set it to SD Card.

The GoPro App will now download any captured footage to the SD Card.

Tourist

Good idea but i cant set deafult location or move app to sd card on my Lenovo Vibe Shot.
It would be nice have that option in the APP. Just like spotify have for example.

Iam goint on vacation, two weeks out of internet or PC. So i have to use my phone as storrage, but it is stupid use my 12Gb internal and then move to 64Gb external.

Thank you for future solution :).

GoPro Community Manager

The QuikKey may be able to help you move content off of your phone onto your SD card. https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-2/quik-key-iphoneipad-mobile-microsd-card-reader/AMCRL-001.html

Tourist

I still prefer have that option in app but this reader should be probably Faster then WiFi transfer. Thank you for your answer.
But I still hope for app update. :)
Sightseer

Hi,

I have the same problem not having enough main memory in my mobile but enough on the SD card. I checked your solution but in my settings of the GoPro app there is no feature to change storage location. The version I am using is the german version 4.1 from September 26th 2017.

Is there another solution for my version?

Thanks in advance and best regards

Jürgen Meven

Tourist

Hey @coolstar73341 I'm having the same issue. Did you figure out a way for the GoPro App to see videos that are on you SD card?

I have a Sony with an external SD Card where all my Pics and Vidz are stored. The GoPro app doesn't see this Media. Can anyone give me advice on how I can't point it towards my internal SD card?

Thanks in advance,

Troy

Tourist

There is only one solution. They need to update this app but they probably dont give a f*** :)