Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Please add "Storage Selection" on Android

Screenshot of app settings:

Screenshot_20181216-094514.jpg
Highlighted
Tourist

You can check in the GoPro App settings for an option to save to SD, I don't recall if there is one. You can also set the default storage location for any saved storage to be the SD card by default, that should do it. Let us know if either helps you out?
Highlighted
Tourist

You can check in the GoPro "Camera settings" not the App... for an option to save to SD, I don't recall if there is one. You can also set the default storage location for any saved storage to be the SD card by default, that should do it. Let us know if either helps you out?
Highlighted
Tourist

Hi John, thanks for your reply. I'm using a GoPro Hero7 Black. On this camera there are no options in the camera preferences regarding storage location. 

The second solution you've mentioned: "set the default storage location for any saved storage to be the SD card by default" - is this what I have already done in the OS Settings (screenshot attached earlier, after enabling Developer Options, I went to Settings -> Apps -> GoPro -> Storage, then in that screen it now states "Storage used: External storage". Despite this setting being set to SD Card, the app is still saving to internal storage. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Perhaps GoPro Updates are changing the setting back. I checked mine and found it set back to Internal (under Apps>GoPro>Storage, I just changed it back to External now. I verified it shows External, I powered my device off then on again and it is still set External.
I'm going to test it with my GoPro today again.
I know there are other storage settings, one is when in Google Chrome> top/right menu>Settings, Storage (shpuld be for Downloads though) Another is under Camera>... look unders Settings for Storage of photos and videos, I'm not sure either will affect GoPro.
Please check that your GoPro Storage settings still are set to External?
Highlighted
Tourist

I tried making additional changes and finding solutions. The App is showing Storage on the SD card, but I agree, it is not actually doing it. I found another App that works with most GoPros, I have an email to the developer to ensure it works to save to the SD card (automatically) not need to select it each time. I think it is .99 cost. I'll see what they say, maybe use that until I can find the option to fix this or GoPro does.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the constant update, @grandridge40764. We have this reported to the team. We will keep this thread updated when we receive a feedback. 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks John for looking further into this. I found the same as you - despite it definitely being set to "External" in the App Settings (for both the GoPro and Quik apps), it's still syncing onto the internal storage. Also when saving files to 'Local' or exporting from Quik, they are also only going into the internal storage in the DCIM GoPro sub-folder.