Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Please add "Storage Selection" on Android

[ Edited ]

This is not solved.

You should be able to choose location for more than people who have a micro SD card. I want to OTG attach an HDD, move videos to it, then continue recording.

Highlighted
Tourist

Problem here is for those that it isn't an easy task to unmount to get card, transfer, put back. continue recording. I am hoping to OTG connect phone to HDD, transfer, continue.
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @msterscott

This would be a cool feature. At this time though, the closest  functionality that is available is to use the Quik Key, which will allow transfer of files from the camera's SD card to a compatible mobile device. This still involves unmounting the SD card from the camera though.and would save the GoPro files through the GoPro App. You can submit a feedback or recommendation to the team here: https://gopro.com/feedback

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Understand. However my issue is that the cameras are remote, so, to go to them between games, get each card, download, and return isn't easy. Sure it's doable, and right now I just swap out cards. Looking for a more useful method, which, doesn't currently exist.

What I have found is that I can download via phone to internal memory, then use file manager to move to HDD. Not perfect but much better than trying to get cards between games.
Highlighted
GoPro

That actually seems more convenient, @msterscott. Another method I can think of is to do the Auto Upload to cloud, but this applies only if you have a GoPro Plus subscription, and that the cameras are connected to a power source and a home Wi-Fi network. This gets rid of having to remove the SD card from the camera, and automatically uploads GoPro media to the cloud that you can access using a computer or your mobile phone at a later time or when you need to. Should you be interested, you can click on the link for more information. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Yes, thanks, but they aren't connected to a home network, and a lot of times the only Wi-Fi that I have available would be my phone's hotspot and it's not always going to be capable. Also, I had the cloud but if I'm not mistaken it does not upload videos at the highest resolution. I am perhaps mistaken, but really a no-go considering I don't always have Wi-Fi.
Highlighted
Sightseer

Is that in the Go Pro App? I am in settings and do not have an option for Memory and Storage
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @willb6541

This option is found on your phone's settings.

Thanks!

Ej