Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: Please add "Storage Selection" on Android

[ New ]

This is not solved.

You should be able to choose location for more than people who have a micro SD card. I want to OTG attach an HDD, move videos to it, then continue recording.

Tourist

[ New ]
Problem here is for those that it isn't an easy task to unmount to get card, transfer, put back. continue recording. I am hoping to OTG connect phone to HDD, transfer, continue.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @msterscott

This would be a cool feature. At this time though, the closest  functionality that is available is to use the Quik Key, which will allow transfer of files from the camera's SD card to a compatible mobile device. This still involves unmounting the SD card from the camera though.and would save the GoPro files through the GoPro App. You can submit a feedback or recommendation to the team here: https://gopro.com/feedback

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
Understand. However my issue is that the cameras are remote, so, to go to them between games, get each card, download, and return isn't easy. Sure it's doable, and right now I just swap out cards. Looking for a more useful method, which, doesn't currently exist.

What I have found is that I can download via phone to internal memory, then use file manager to move to HDD. Not perfect but much better than trying to get cards between games.
GoPro

[ New ]

That actually seems more convenient, @msterscott. Another method I can think of is to do the Auto Upload to cloud, but this applies only if you have a GoPro Plus subscription, and that the cameras are connected to a power source and a home Wi-Fi network. This gets rid of having to remove the SD card from the camera, and automatically uploads GoPro media to the cloud that you can access using a computer or your mobile phone at a later time or when you need to. Should you be interested, you can click on the link for more information. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes, thanks, but they aren't connected to a home network, and a lot of times the only Wi-Fi that I have available would be my phone's hotspot and it's not always going to be capable. Also, I had the cloud but if I'm not mistaken it does not upload videos at the highest resolution. I am perhaps mistaken, but really a no-go considering I don't always have Wi-Fi.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Is that in the Go Pro App? I am in settings and do not have an option for Memory and Storage
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @willb6541

This option is found on your phone's settings.

Thanks!

Ej