Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Photos pixelated in Quikstory

[ New ]
Hi guys,

I'm absolutely stuck here. I shot some videos on my Hero u Black in 4K (16:9) and photos in 12MP.

I created Quikstory on my mobile (Samsung S9+) mainly with video and with 5 photos from the GoPro.

The video aspect ratio selected in Quikstory is 16:9. The video looks great but the photos are horribly pixelated. I have tried everything to fix this including resizing images (reducing size, changing and trying to changed aspect ratios) on photoshop and reimporting. Still no luck. If I change the aspect ratio of the Quikstory to 1:1 then photos look great and at full res. The only problem is I dont want my video in 1:1. I would be very surprised if this is the only solution to ensure photos look great.

Help would be great.

Thanks.
Sightseer

Re: Photos pixelated in Quikstory

[ New ]
Sorry I'm using a brand new Hero 7
Explorer

[ New ]
Are you using the GoPro app or the Quik Mobile app?
I've noticed the reduced resolution/pixelation with photos as well. In the GoPro app, when you create a Quik Story you can adjust the framing for each individual clip, so while it's currently best to use the 1:1 ratio for photos, you don't have to make the entire Quik Story this aspect ratio.

From my understanding, GoPro will not be putting further development into Quik as a stand alone app, but rather concentrating all of their development on the GoPro app with integrated Quik Story. They rebuilt it from the ground up, so it's still a relatively new app, so they are still working through the bugs.

On a positive note, a new update is expected very soon (hopefully when the new cameras are released October 1st). It's supposed to be bringing many new features and improvements. Fingers crossed that the photo aspect is improved as well.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I make a video twice a year and GoPro disappoints me every freaking time with such an unnecessary crap. Taking highquality 16:9 pictures from multiple devices and can't bring it all together in GoPro App and need to show it in 1:1 with borders on both side, wtf

Sightseer

[ New ]
Thanks for your response guys. Im using Quikstory mobile within the GoPro App (latest version)

I tried changing the aspect ratio of the photos to 1:1 but it doesn't resolve the issue. If I change the entire project/movie to 1:1 it resolves the issue but not if I just change the photo.

Any other suggestions?