Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Phone app doesn’t work + GPS no signal at all anywhere!!!

As explained on private message I downloaded and copied the extracted files in the root foler exactly as described however the camera did not initiate any update when I started it. Absolutely nothing happened - same issues as before.

Just for info when I extracted the ‘Update’ zip I didn’t get and ‘Updated’ folder but 3 individual files! The manual suggested that when I extract the zip I’ll get a folder with the files in it - i guess that it doesn’t matter anyway.

Any other suggestions? Could someone please explain how is the manual uodate different to the update done through Quik?!?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sz00

Once you extract the zipped folder, another window will appear which opens up the extracted folder containing the update files. You may click the back button to get to the folder. Drag/copy the folder to the root of the SD card.

Another work around is to manually create an UPDATE folder on the root of the SD card. Drag/copy all 3 files from the extracted folder.

Insert the SD card back to the camera.  This should initiate the update by then.

If it's still the same, it will be best to work with our Support Team. Reach out to them via phone or chat. Please take note of their operating hours listed here: https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for the detailed explanation - the camera updated when i followed the steps and it now connects to the app again - thank you again!

However the GPS issue is still present - it just doesn’t get any signal - have tried it today in an open field for 40 minutes - no signal at all.

Any suggestions?
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sz00

It would be best to talk to a GoPro Customer Support Rep. 

They might be able to help.

https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

You can contact them via phone or chat

Best Regards,

-Jay