Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

PROTUNE is gone from app - R.I.P. my 2 Sessions 5

[ New ]

I have 2x Gopro 5 Sessions and now in the newest version of android app, you've removed protune settings and than advising people to either use the display of the camera in order to set it up. Which is not an option on Session 5. Or you advising to use QR code presets (again, Session 5 doesn't support that). Or to buy another controller device and than you can set it up.
So your customers paid you money for camera with some declared features and you now removed some of them and forcing people to spend extra money to get their features back? Seriously? Let me repeat... SERIOUSLY?!
You **bleep**ed it up big time guys... You were on the top with action cameras and now when a serious competition appearing (OSMO, Insta cameras and some others) you've managed to find the stinkiest pile of **bleep** and smeared it all over your customers faces....

Tourist

Re: PROTUNE is gone from app - R.I.P. my 2 Sessions 5

[ New ]

Welcome to the club. This seems to be the way of the future at GoPro.

Tourist

[ New ]
goddam you so right!
Hiker

[ New ]

Seems like they don't want to tell us the truth for some reason.  It appears as though they lost a lawsuit and cannot actually legally give us protune anymore:

https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/contour-ip-holding-llc-v-gopro-inc-70318/

Not sure why they decided to make it sound like something they wanted to do on purpose, it juts makes them look like they think we are stupid.

GoPro, we recgonize a BS explanation when we see one - we're not stupid.  Please treat us with more respect. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Not this lawsuit is not connected to this issue. The patent specifically mentions live feed, which is still available in the GoPro App so this is not related.