03-04-2019 09:56 PM
All my gopro footage on GoPro Plus will only let me trim using balanced or manual mode when trying to make a Quik video. If I select Action, Travel, People, or Hilight Only it says it "Need Gopro Video" and gives me a button to "try balanced mode".
This only recently happened since I made a video about a month ago and was able to trim whichever way I wanted.
I even go back to clips that I previous was able to trim when making a Quik video and they are now giving me the same new error message.
I tried searching for this but couldn't find anyone experiencing the same issue.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-21-2019 02:13 PM
I will. Sorry; I was out of town earlier this week.
I did do some video time lapse this weekend and when I uploaded the footage directly via Quik for Mobile on my iPhone all the options open for using (Yay!).
My Quik for Mobile is already 5.0.3 but I don't know when that upgrade happened.
I went back and tried to see how it fared with the old footage that was greyed out and all looks great now. All the options come up. At least on my iPhone. Can not test my iPad since it is at home. But it looks promising.
Sorry we can't explain how it all works again. I promise I wasn't lying (I sent screenshots).
Thanks for looking into it.
03-05-2019 05:54 PM - edited 03-05-2019 05:57 PM
Sorry to hear about the problem trimming your videos via Quik for Mobile.
We definitely want to help out. In order to get a better understanding on what could be causing this, I have a few things to check with you:
- Is this only happening to the contents downloaded from your GoPro Plus storage directly to Quik for Mobile?
- Are these contents taken using your GoPro camera?
- When was the last time you were able to trim footage that's downloaded from your GoPro Plus storage?
- What's the version of the Quik for Mobile installed?
- Kindly provide your mobile phone's brand and OS version.
- Please post back a screenshot of the error / prompt that you're getting.
I appreciate your time and patience throughout this process.
03-05-2019 06:46 PM
- Is this only happening to the contents downloaded from your GoPro Plus storage directly to Quik for Mobile? All of my GoPro footage downloads to GoPro plus.
- Are these contents taken using your GoPro camera? Yes. Hero 7. My footage on GoPro plus is ONLY from gopros.
- When was the last time you were able to trim footage that's downloaded from your GoPro Plus storage? A video I made on 1/26/19 I was able to trim any way I wanted.
- What's the version of the Quik for Mobile installed? 5.0.2
- Kindly provide your mobile phone's brand and OS version. iPhone 7 and iOS 12.1.4. Also on my iPad Air 2 with iOS 12.1.4.
- Please post back a screenshot of the error / prompt that you're getting. Attached.
Thank you for responding to me.
03-10-2019 10:29 PM
I filmed 2 days of footage again this weekend. Same error on the GoPro Plus footage.
For refernce, here is my workflow:
1) film on Gopro 7
2) take out microsd card and insert into imac
3) GoPro Quik for desktop automatically starts and opens
4) I select import media and it does it and automatically deletes the files from the GoPro
5) the media slowly uploads to GoPro plus that I pay for
6) use my iPhone or iPad to open Quik and start a Quik story
7) then I go to refine some of the clips by using trim and I get the error discussed here where I can only use balanced or manual. None of the other option are allowed and I get the attached limitation. This is very frustrating since I can not select which parts of the clip I want to use for every clip. I used to be blessed to do so.
03-12-2019 10:28 PM
Another data point. When I download a GoPro clip from GoPro plus to my iOS device it appears that Quik recognizes it and will let me trim with all modes (action, people, travel, etc). So it looks like Quik doesn’t recognize my GoPro footage uploaded to GoPro plus as original GoPro footage to enable me to use all the auto edit modes (action, travel, people).
03-18-2019 07:19 AM
Sorry about that and thanks for raising this issue.
I did extended testing on this topic but couldn't reproduce what you have.
I have Quik iOS 5.0.3 and GoPro App 5.2 with H7B footage.
I film with the HERO7 then connect it go GoPro App 5.2 then the upload to GoPro Plus is done automatically from the app.
Then I can either select media from GoPro App then send them to Quik OR go in Quik App, go to GoPro Plus and select media from there.
For all videos that I select I have all auto-modes available.
I even did the testing where I take the SD card out, plug into my Mac, open Quik Desktop where the media is uploaded from there to GoPro Plus. I still see the auto-modes with all badges (voices, speed, face, panoramic shot etc...)
Are you sure you have the latest version of everything ? Are you sure GPS is enabled on your GoPro? What kind of footage is it?
Can you make a test video: just film yourself (for face detection) a bit of landscape with some panning, some voices for voice detection. Try a 1min+ footage.
Then connect your HERO7 to GoPro App, get the footage, let it upload to GoPro Plus from the app. Open Quik App, choose GoPro Plus and get that media to see how it goes.
Let me know, let's see if we can solve this mystery.