Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

OnePlus 7 Pro error when trying to connect Hero8

[ New ]
So I'm currently rocking a OnePlus 7 Pro with the latest Android 10 4th Beta and I unable to pair my GoPro with it.
Actually, my phone recognize the GoPro through the app, but when trying to connect to it to control the camera or view the pictures/videos taken with it, it doesn't work.
I've downloaded the latest version of the GoPro manually through my PC and I have the latest update of the app.
What am I doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: OnePlus 7 Pro error when trying to connect Hero8

[ New ]

Thanks for tying to help, but it still doesn't work. Same things as before. 

BUT

I tried something else and it worked : when the app tries to connect to the GoPro, I go on my WiFi settings and connect to the GoPro manually (GoPro password is in the connectivity settings). Then, my OnePlus 7 Pro connect to the GoPro and that's it, now it works !

To be sure, I restarted the GoPro and the App and tried again.. And it worked as it should ! (actually, I got that error screen again but one second after that I was getting the live feed from the Gopro).
Hope it can help others, I'm so happy it finally works haha !

View solution in original post

All Replies
Hiker

Betreff: OnePlus 7 Pro error when trying to connect Hero8

[ New ]

i have the same problem - also with oneplus 7 pro and new android version - i also write an extra thread for a few minutes - hope they will find a solution soon!

regards

GoPro

[ New ]

@gabouytb, sorry to hear about the trouble. We try to help out as best as we can. When going through the last step of the pairing process, wait until the GoPro camera appears on the new window message before pressing "Connect".

This is something that's part of the Android 10 update and not coded in the GoPro App. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes and we're hopeful that this experience will go back to normal with a future update to Android 10. 

Tourist

[ New ]

So when I have that "Device to use with the GoPro app" and I clic on "ma gopro" (which is how I named my GoPro) I get the error thing just some seconds afterwards. It says "Something happened. The application canceled the request to select a device.". But if you look closely, it says "Successful connection."...

Here you can see the screenshots : https://photos.app.goo.gl/ChSzSgeMtLAPpWh3A

Hiker

[ New ]
Is exactly the same Problem i have!
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @gabouytb and @swiftyfx. Try this. After the updates, restart your phone, clear cache (cache only, not data) on the app settings, and try pairing with the camera again. Connectivity should be working this time. 

If the issue persists, reset Wi-Fi connection by forgetting GoPro first from the list of Wi-Fi networks on your phone settings and deleting it from the list of Bluetooth devices. Also, remove the camera from the list on the GoPro App. Then re-pair. 

See Troubleshooting GoPro App Connectivity Issues for details. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for tying to help, but it still doesn't work. Same things as before. 

BUT

I tried something else and it worked : when the app tries to connect to the GoPro, I go on my WiFi settings and connect to the GoPro manually (GoPro password is in the connectivity settings). Then, my OnePlus 7 Pro connect to the GoPro and that's it, now it works !

To be sure, I restarted the GoPro and the App and tried again.. And it worked as it should ! (actually, I got that error screen again but one second after that I was getting the live feed from the Gopro).
Hope it can help others, I'm so happy it finally works haha !

Hiker

[ New ]
That's a terrible experience. I have the official Android 10 release and I have this same issue.
Tourist

[ New ]

I am currently having the same problem with a OnePlus 7T. Brand new phone, from the box. Won't connect.

There is a problem here, GoPro.

GoPro

[ New ]
Sightseer

[ New ]
Guys i have the same problem and here i found go setting and wifi derect then tab on search icon type gopro then select that open then try to connect again its will work
Sightseer

[ New ]
Try wifi direct from setting add gopro then open that is it
Sightseer

[ New ]
Try wifi direct from setting add gopro app from there open and go good to go