Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

On the iOS App How can I view the upload progress of my stories?

[ New ]

Hi,

I created a story 2 days ago and have had the app open connected to wifi since then.  No other videos are currently uploading and the story has been exported to my phone.  It is about 4 minutes long and phone said it was 1.3 GB.  I also tested the same flow with a 7 second story and that uploaded.  Why is my longer one not uploading and is there anywhere I can see the upload progress.

Similarly for normal media, can you please add the ability to see the upload percentage in some way? Or is there already a way to?  I assume this would be a relativey easy fix to make.

Thanks!

GoPro

Re: On the iOS App How can I view the upload progress of my stories?

[ New ]

@fetaldew27, please try to access the Manage page on your GoPro Media Library using a web browser on your computer, and then check if you have the files on the list.

If the problem persists, could you please provide us the mobile device used and its iOS version installed? Also, what's the version of the GoPro app installed on your phone?

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi so after 3 days, it eventually uploaded. It would still be amazing though if stories could have the little cloud icons that clips do that tell us the upload status. Even better would be a way to see what percent uploaded a clip or story is.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fetaldew27

We'll have this shared with the team.

Please continue checking our website for updates.

GoPro Subscription - Mobile Upload

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

@fetaldew27 

Thank you for the question and the feedback, it's indeed something that comes up regularly. There’s a bit of unclear situation about Stories in Cloud. Users have to know that they have to save to device and that, at some point later down, they will show up in their Cloud.
Surely something that can be done better.