Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Not able to upload/ offload some media

[ New ]
I have encountered an issue regarding offload and upload media from my Gopro Hero7 Black.

I have already setup the Auto media retrieve from Hero7 to my mobile, and the auto upload from hero7 to my Gopro Plus Cloud. But I have found some media (including photo and video) are missed after the auto upload session. I also tried to retrieve these media from hero7 to Quik Mobile or Plus cloud manually in vain. It said all media are synchronised already.

Re-login the Gopro app and reset the network of Gopro are tried. I have also access my Plus Cloud directly my browser, and found that quite a lot of media is shown in a black box with a loading blue circle (seems these media are the files which are missed in my mobile app).

What can I do next? Really frustrated as I managed this for the whole night...

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Not able to upload/ offload some media

[ New ]

Hi @damonluk,

Once the contents are uploaded to your GoPro Plus cloud storage, these files will sync to any of your devices. If at some point some of these files are not showing up, it might be possible that the contents were not successfully uploaded.

Just to make sure, you can try to completely log out on your devices and re-login to your GoPro Plus account.

If the media files are only showing a black screen (with a spinning blue circle), this could indicate that the video is being pulled out for preview on your cloud storage, and similar to upload / download process, this will be based off of your network.

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

View solution in original post

GoPro

[ New ]

Yup @damonluk,

It would be best to do it with fast and stable connection.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]
To correct my finding, these missed media are able to be found from my Quik Mobile. Just not able to be found from cloud.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @damonluk,

Once the contents are uploaded to your GoPro Plus cloud storage, these files will sync to any of your devices. If at some point some of these files are not showing up, it might be possible that the contents were not successfully uploaded.

Just to make sure, you can try to completely log out on your devices and re-login to your GoPro Plus account.

If the media files are only showing a black screen (with a spinning blue circle), this could indicate that the video is being pulled out for preview on your cloud storage, and similar to upload / download process, this will be based off of your network.

Hopefully this helps!

Ann

Tourist

[ New ]
Tks Ann.

Yes, I have tried to logout and re login my plus account. These media are still not shown in my iphone. Similarly, I do the same thing on my web browser. These files shows black screen with spinning blue curcle.

So you mean that the root cause should be the incomplete upload of these media, and it is caused by my upload network? If so, the only solution should be re upload these media manually, right?
GoPro

[ New ]

Yup @damonluk,

It would be best to do it with fast and stable connection.

Tourist

[ New ]

I have this same issue.  It is NOT my network upload causing the problem. Hero3 

GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @chrisb845. Upload time is dependent on multiple factors, namely your network speed and the file size of your content. If you are using a wireless network, ensure that your computer has a stable Wi-Fi connection. To ensure that you'll get a successful upload through a web browser / website, try using a hardwired connection.