Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

No new photos or videos found

Hello.

Suddenly my GoPro app can't find my new footage. I can view it on the GoPro 7 hero, but the app says no new photos or videos found. 
I can view media, but the new footage won't show up. I've deleted the app and reinstalled it to no avail. What's the problem?

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: No new photos or videos found

Hi @skelld,

That's odd. Reinstalling the app should fix the problem. 

Can you please try this?

Remove your SD card. 

After removing your SD card reset your camera to factory settings. 

On your phone delete your GoPro from the App or unpair it.

Delete/unpair your camera as well on your phone's Bluetooth settings.

Insert your SD card and pair it again. 

Let us know how it goes. 

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

Well. The footage I recorded right now were found after doing this. But my footage from earlier today still not found. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Can you please check all your photos and videos? @skelld

Probably those files have incorrect time/date. 

Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

[ Edited ]

Yes you are correct. For some reason the date is 2016, but changed in 2019. How do I solve this issue? If this is even possible..?

Highlighted
GoPro

Try to change it using Quik @skelld,

https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/How-do-I-change-the-date-on-my-media

Please let us know if that will work.

Thanks!

-Jay

Highlighted
Sightseer

I'm having the same problem with my GoPro 8 and none of the above has helped - is there anything else I can try?

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @annas7710. Are you getting any error message when initiating the import or download? Also, which version of the app is installed on your phone? Have you tried accessing your media using a computer - with Quik for desktop or file explorer. 

In case the app allows importing of media, see if the files may just be located under a different timeline which is the case for incorrectly dated files.  On the Media tab on the GoPro App, try toggling between Offload Date and Creation Date them check for your media. 

We have tested with both Android and iOS devices with recently captured media and we are able to preview, download and view them on the app.  

If you haven't yet, try manually updating your camera following the steps under Manual Update here. Make sure that the camera uses a recommended SD card. There is a list at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/SD-Cards-that-Work-with-GoPro-Cameras/ta-p/394308 for your reference.  

Should the issue persist, please provide us information regarding the phone that you are using as well as its OS version, and the SD card brand and capacity. Thanks!