Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

No new photos or videos found

[ New ]

Hi, I seem to be haivng problems every single time I want to transfer the footage from the go pro to the app. This time, I can see the footage on the camera no probem but the app will not recognise that there is new footage there.

I have downloaded and reinstalled the app twice.
The last footage transfered was Feb 13th but the camera date is set correctly to today.

Please advise what I can do to make this work?
I am using the go pro app on an iphone 7

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: No new photos or videos found

[ New ]
Other things that you can keep in mind:
When looking at your "Camera media" via the app, there are two filters on top of your screen, can you make sure the top left filter says "Capture date" instead of "File Size" and the middle filter says "All". If both of those are correct then another possibility is that the dates on the camera are wrong, sometimes this happens when the camera hasn't been used in a while. In this case, same scenario, in camera media via the app, scroll all the way down to the bottom. Usually when the dates are wrong the date stamp on that media is old and would show up at the bottom. (usually date id Jan 2016)

Also some interesting info about timestamps:
The camera puts the local date and time into the MP4. The timestamps on the MP4 are defined as being UTC. After importing the phone is showing the time in local time. Depending on where you are in the world, and the time the video was shot, it could be either tomorrow or yesterday. In the US if you take a video before 7AM, the date will be yesterday. (0700UTC is 0000PDT). If you are east of GMT, it is the other direction. If you are in Hong Kong (UTC+8) if you take a video after 1600, it would show the next day.

Hope this can help a bit

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @abicado

While the camera is paired, try to scroll down all the way to the bottom of the MEDIA page.

See if the files were just backdated.

Can you also  help us with the following information: SD card, Camera version, GoPro App version, phone OS version.

If you have access to another phone, try pairing the camera and see if the same is observed.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, 

On the app, the media page has only 3 videos visible. On the camera media page, the footage I want to retrieve is at the top. I'm not sure how to tell if they're backdated?

The last footage that was copied over to the app was on Feb 13th.

SD Card: Toshiba Exceria 64gb
Camera: Hero 6 Black
I don't know the Go Pro App version but had to reinstall the app to use it so must be up to date, right?
Phone OS version: IOS 13.6.1?

I dont have another phone to try it on.

So I just tried taking a quick video and transferring that across and that worked okay. But still hasnt transferred the previous footage across.

Please advise.
Thanks

Highlighted
GoPro

[ New ]
@abicado

Do you have this activated in the app?
> GoPro App / Settings / Preferences / Automated transfer

So when you connect to you camera and tap "View Media", you go to a screen that is empty?

If you try to connect your GoPro to your GoPro App, then record something, then tap View Media - do you not see the media that you've just recorded?
GoPro

[ New ]
Other things that you can keep in mind:
When looking at your "Camera media" via the app, there are two filters on top of your screen, can you make sure the top left filter says "Capture date" instead of "File Size" and the middle filter says "All". If both of those are correct then another possibility is that the dates on the camera are wrong, sometimes this happens when the camera hasn't been used in a while. In this case, same scenario, in camera media via the app, scroll all the way down to the bottom. Usually when the dates are wrong the date stamp on that media is old and would show up at the bottom. (usually date id Jan 2016)

Also some interesting info about timestamps:
The camera puts the local date and time into the MP4. The timestamps on the MP4 are defined as being UTC. After importing the phone is showing the time in local time. Depending on where you are in the world, and the time the video was shot, it could be either tomorrow or yesterday. In the US if you take a video before 7AM, the date will be yesterday. (0700UTC is 0000PDT). If you are east of GMT, it is the other direction. If you are in Hong Kong (UTC+8) if you take a video after 1600, it would show the next day.

Hope this can help a bit