Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

No Compability with Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 !!!???!!!

[ New ]

Here is another Xiaomi customer, who bought a GoPro Hero 6 and is diappointed that he can not connect to the actual GoPro-App!
As I read in this support forum, GoPro is not able to make their actual app compatible to Xiaomi (one of the biggest chinese  cellphone manufactur, actually expanding all over the world)....

And: YES! I tried all your troubleshooting tipps to connect the cam! Nothing worked!

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin...

Strange: when I install the older version of the App (GoPro Capture Ver. 3.0.3277) I can connect to the Cam. (It is listed as an Hero4, but I get Live View and can make changes in settings). But this older App is not up to date and does not offer the full range of functions. It is just a workaround!

So, as you see, its not a technical problem to connect to a Xiaomi Smartphone!

Or is it more a political problem, because Xiaomi is also selling actioncams?

May be this news could help:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/04/18/if-gopro-is-for-sale-xiaomi-may-want-to-buy.aspx

However:

PLEASE FIX THE APP, TO MAKE ALL THESE XIAOMI PHONE WORK....

My Question:
Please tell me, if Gopro is actually working on this problem or not, so that I can decide, if I have to return my Hero6 black!

GoPro

Re: No Compability with Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 !!!???!!!

[ New ]

Hello @cbleek

Thank you for the details that you provided. Greatly appreciate you having gone through the recommended troubleshooting steps. There is no list that specifies brands and/or models that are tested to not work with the GoPro app. Generally, the operating system (iOs or Android) is considered. This being the case, it wouold be helpful to gather information about error messages that you are getting (if any), and system information on your device. For a more personalized support, you can reach out to our Support team via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Anonymous

[ New ]

I had same problem.

Try at first connecting to GoPro WiFi thru Xiaomi settings and then start gopro app and once again go thru connection process.
I did it and it's worked.

P.S. Also in Xiaomi app setting set no power save for gopro app.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @Anonymous, 

Thank you for sharing! Glad the it worked on your end. Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro!

Cheers, 

Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
@Anonymous
Does it also work with 5Ghz WiFi?
Or only 2Ghz Connection?
Tourist

[ New ]
I tried your advice but got only a workaround solution!

When setting the WiFi to 2,4 Ghz and first connect in the Xiaomi settings by hand, then I can start the GoPro App and get connected after waiting for a longer time!

But it seems not to be full supported, the connection-menu in the cam still says: "not connected to Gopro App" although I can already get live view and can change settings in the app.
Updates are not possible in this way and also the connection ist very slow!

When choosing the faster 5 GHZ WiFi , it is still impossible to connect.
The wifi network from the GoPro6 does not appear in the Network list at all, when switching to 5Ghz...

Very disappointing, not to get the full range of features...
Anonymous

[ New ]
Im trying to pair my gopro hero 4 black to my redmi phone. However it keeps asking for the gopro wifi password eventhough i have entered the correct password numerous times.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @Anonymous

Sorry for any troubles caused. Try forgetting the Wi-Fi name and the Bluetooth ID. If it's still the same then you may need toreset the Wi-Fi information of the camera and set up a new one.

Once done, proceed with the pairing process again.

In addition to this please ensure that both the camera and the app are up to date.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have adquired a Xiaomi mi A2 because my old cell phone could not support the HVEC format, and I needed it beacuse I bought a gopro hero 6,however now my new cell phone can not open the app....

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @foggydawn7123

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Does your camera pair or connect with your phone, or not at all? Were you able to check which OS is running on your new Xiaomi phone? If you have not done it yet, try uninstalling then re-installing the app and see if it helps. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello! I have the same problem with my Xiaomi redmi note 4 and gopro 7 black. How much time has passed and the problem has not been solved?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @graybeach85318

See if the workaround posted by @Anonymous will work on your end,

Please refer to this thread

https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/No-Compability-with-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4/td-p/174907

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi @aragon1006

I tried this option, the app sees the camera but does not connect
Tourist

[ New ]

It's a shame, that the official GoPro Support plays the surprised, but the support hub is full of angry european android users.

But the explanation of this "bug" is simple and no secret anymore:

The new GoPros (Hero6 and above) uses an (for europe unusual) 5GHZ frequency (frq 149-165) with more than 25mW transmission power (approximatly 1000mW) and this power is forbidden in Europe. Therefor is it not possible to connect to this "illegal" 5Ghz frequency. More background info here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_WLAN_channels#5_GHz_.28802.11a.2Fh.2Fj.2Fn.2Fac.29hers

But I found at least a (workaround-) solution:

I changed the "region" in my android settings from "germany" to "united states"

Now, others standards seems to be "allowed" in my android WIFI system!

Suddenly the HERO6 appears in my WIFI List, when it is configured with 5GHZ.

And suddenly the pairing works and I can connect and transfer data with highspeed!

Oooops... So easy? YES...

Try this out and maybe you also will be succsessful...

Anyhow, GoPro Team:
It is your job to get this problem fixed without tricks and workarounds!
Other cheap chinese GoPro-Clones like YiCam or SJCAM can manage 5GHZ for all users out of the box for half the price.

Poor GoPro...

Sightseer

[ New ]
Hello! Same problem and same device note 4 and hero 7 black problem solved? My samsung gear sport work with cam and friend phone samsung j5 work with cam...
Tourist

[ New ]

I'm faceing same problem on my Redmi Note 4x (MIUI Global 10.2, Android 7,0 RND90M) and GoPro Hero 7 black (01.70) GoPro app 5.11 (7727) Its impossible to connect this two devices,
In 2.4Ghz I can see WiFi and can connect to it. In app I can see my camera but always get "Something get wrong-give it another shot."

I will try dowload logs from app and see what information i can get there.

Shame that on my wife Samsung Galaxy S8 everything works perfect...

Also I will complain about GoPro Quick! Its hard to find version for Windows 7 and when finaly got it 2.3.0.5383 it appears that i can't import files by Quick, and must do it manualy...

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same problem with my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and the GoPro Hero 7. I would be very thankful if GoPro can fix that!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @freediver24

Were you able to try the workaround posted by @Anonymous on this thread?

We are releasing an update to address the crashing/connection issues.

Please continue to check our website for information. 

Software Update Release Information

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

It still does not work, are you going to solve the problem somehow?

Recommendations on the similarity to reinstall the application, as spitting in the face to the consumer and only shows devil-may-care attitude.

GoPro hero 7 01.70

Redmi Note 4 Android 7.0 MIUI Global 10.2.3.0

5Ghz - fail

2.4Ghz - fail

When will earn what I paid for?

Tourist

[ New ]

I recently bought GoPro and have same connection problem with both Xiomi Redmi Note 4 and Xiomi Redmi 4x. I tried different posibble solutions, but nothing helped. When the updates will be released for this issue?

GoPro

[ New ]

@andreyb30833 and @trx1, just checking if have you already gone through the suggested workarounds discussed on this thread? Also, what version of GoPro App do you already have installed?

Tourist

[ New ]

@aenriquez That work around doesn't work. Besides we don't want "work around"... We want exactly same case as "normal" user.
Please delegate someone to study this case and prepare solution that always work...

Tourist

[ New ]

5.2.1 (7835)

so what next Smiley LOL

Tourist

[ New ]

I read again the posts, and this worked for me:

Cam: Preferences - Connections - Wi-Fi Band: 2.4GHz

- Wireless Connections - ON

Than tap to connect to device.

Same as Connect Device - GoPro App - i (no we have SSID (Camera Name) and a password).

No it's time to set up Xiomi. Enable Wifi 2.4 GHz, Wifi - add network:

SSID: (type Camera Name) and insert the pass, Choose Security WPA/WPA2 PSK.

Open GoPro, connect and insert the pass, no I was able to connect.

Also changed the permissions to allow GoPro enable WiFi.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for sharing, @trx1. Great to know that you can now use the GoPro App with your camera.

@foggyoasis13226 , @andreyb30833 Please check if this workflow works on your end. We hope to hear back from you. Many thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

@trx1 It works, thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hallo,
I have same problem. Unfortunately described workaround doesn´t work for me. For me it´s a huge problem. I need possibility to conect my camera with another display to setup angle of view on my motobike - camera is mounted by RAM holder and original display isn´t possible to use.
My phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 - Android version 7.0 NRD90M.

Tourist

[ New ]

@petrn80427 You are doing something wrong.
I had same problem. Please read carefully what @trx1 wrote:

I read again the posts, and this worked for me:

Cam: Preferences - Connections - Wi-Fi Band: 2.4GHz
- Wireless Connections - ON

Than tap to connect to device.
Same as Connect Device - GoPro App - i (no we have SSID (Camera Name) and a password).
No it's time to set up Xiomi. Enable Wifi 2.4 GHz, Wifi - add network:
SSID: (type Camera Name) and insert the pass, Choose Security WPA/WPA2 PSK.
Open GoPro, connect and insert the pass, no I was able to connect.

Also changed the permissions to allow GoPro enable WiFi.
Tourist

[ New ]
Hello! Do You have any other idea how to solve issue with no connections between Xiaomi redmi note 4 and GoPro 7 Black? I used all tips and unfortunately aby tips is not working.
Android 7.0 NRD90M
Gopro7 black
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @megaalp300

Have you tried changing the Wi-Fi band?

Does the same happen when you pair it with a different phone?

You may also try the steps shared by @Anonymous  on https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/No-Compability-with-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-4/td-p/174907

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Unfortunately it's not helpfull. Below You can find list of used and not worked on my Xiaomi tips:

-changed wi-fi band in camera to 2,4GHz

-disabled wi-fi asistant

-Wi-Fi band only 2,4GHz in cell phone

-added manually GoPro as wi-fi network

- power saver disabled for GoPro app

-updated camera's software via Samsung A5

- reset connections in GoPro

-forget Wi-Fi network on Xiaomi

-changed region to USA

-reinstall GoPro app

Thank You in advance for support

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @megaalp300

We hear your concerns and can assure you that we're working on full support for your Android device and many others in the future. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

I have the same problem. I bought a gopro 7 black. I wanted to connect the camera to the phone Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x. The phone sees the camera, but cannot connect Smiley Mad. The problem has been known for a long time, why is it not solved? A complete disappointment.Smiley SadSmiley Sad

Tourist

[ New ]

Mismo problema con Redmi Note 4 y GoPro Hero5 , "No podemos Conectarnos a tu GoPro" "Algo ah pasado, intentalo de nuevo" , vuelvo a intentar y te lleva soporte GoPro, que no sirve para nada, ademas de haber realizados TODAS las configuraciones sugeridas en este foro.

Tourist

[ New ]
I have GoPro Hero Black firmware 1.8. My phone is Xiaomi note 4. I trayed everithing what is described in this thread to solve connection problem and run go pro app. Plus i did factory reset of camera and reinstal androind on my phone. Still impossible to conect. In first step app show screen „We found your GoPro. Connecting your camera is quick and easy“ then i click connect and it not working. App says: “We Can´t connect to Your GoPro. Something went wron-give it another shot“ I tryed to connect to GoPro with different mobile phones. App was working correctly. No problem with conectivity. Realy strange is that i was able to update firmware but that was only one time when i was able to connect my camera. Do you have some solution to make it working or should i buy differen brand of phone or camera??
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @adeptshore6786

To help isolate the issue, would you mind pairing the camera with a different phone?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Hello,

I was able to pair my camera with my wife's phone without any problem. Live view was working, copying files from camera to phone was working. Everything was working. Phone brand is Huawei. I can try to instal different app (not official or old version) to my phone and test it as well.
Thank you for ypur reply
P
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @adeptshore6786.

Thanks for testing the camera with another phone.

This confirms that the camera's connections is working fine.

Regarding the connection to your phone, we'll have this forwarded to the team.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I did more testing wirh my phone xiaomi note 4. I install LIVE4 GoPro and GoPro HDR from google play. These not oficial app was able to connect to my camera do live view, control camera, etc. That confirms that phone is working corectly. From my point of veiw problem is that GoPro app do not support all phones on the market.
P
Tourist

[ New ]

Los "Genios" de #GoPro ya deberían solucionar este problema con un parche , es mucho tiempo la insistencia y no se toman la molestia de atender debidamente el problema .

GoPro

[ New ]

@luisr55857 @cbleek @adeptshore6786 @sergeyk27 @megaalp300 

Sorry for the frustration :(

There are some particular issues with the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.

Our team has listed some work-around steps, please try the following:
- Place your camera in pairing mode, then open the GoPro app and begin searching for a new camera
- When the "Searching for camera" screen transitions and says it found your GoPro, go into the Blutetooth settings on your device and find your GoPro camera(the name will be "GoPro" with a four-digit number like "GoPro 3583")
- Pair your phone to the camera, then go back into the GoPro App to continue where you left off. The app should still be on the "We Found Your GoPro" screen
- Tap "Connect"
- You should then be able to go through the rest of the pairing flow as normal.

> https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Troubleshooting-GoPro-App-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964#xiaomi

Tourist

[ New ]

haindash

However, it works only once. After turning the phone off and on again, the phone cannot see the GoPro network :-(

I saved the network and password and nothing.
After turning on WIFI in GoPro, there is no network in the phone!!!
Please help!