Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

No Compability with Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 !!!???!!!

Here is another Xiaomi customer, who bought a GoPro Hero 6 and is diappointed that he can not connect to the actual GoPro-App!
As I read in this support forum, GoPro is not able to make their actual app compatible to Xiaomi (one of the biggest chinese  cellphone manufactur, actually expanding all over the world)....

And: YES! I tried all your troubleshooting tipps to connect the cam! Nothing worked!

https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin...

Strange: when I install the older version of the App (GoPro Capture Ver. 3.0.3277) I can connect to the Cam. (It is listed as an Hero4, but I get Live View and can make changes in settings). But this older App is not up to date and does not offer the full range of functions. It is just a workaround!

So, as you see, its not a technical problem to connect to a Xiaomi Smartphone!

Or is it more a political problem, because Xiaomi is also selling actioncams?

May be this news could help:
https://www.fool.com/investing/2018/04/18/if-gopro-is-for-sale-xiaomi-may-want-to-buy.aspx

However:

PLEASE FIX THE APP, TO MAKE ALL THESE XIAOMI PHONE WORK....

My Question:
Please tell me, if Gopro is actually working on this problem or not, so that I can decide, if I have to return my Hero6 black!

GoPro

Re: No Compability with Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 !!!???!!!

Hello @cbleek

Thank you for the details that you provided. Greatly appreciate you having gone through the recommended troubleshooting steps. There is no list that specifies brands and/or models that are tested to not work with the GoPro app. Generally, the operating system (iOs or Android) is considered. This being the case, it wouold be helpful to gather information about error messages that you are getting (if any), and system information on your device. For a more personalized support, you can reach out to our Support team via phone or chat through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Sightseer

I had same problem.

Try at first connecting to GoPro WiFi thru Xiaomi settings and then start gopro app and once again go thru connection process.
I did it and it's worked.

P.S. Also in Xiaomi app setting set no power save for gopro app.

GoPro

Hello @graysand72765

Thank you for sharing! Glad the it worked on your end. Stay stoked and have fun using your GoPro!

Cheers, 

Marius

Tourist

@graysand72765
Does it also work with 5Ghz WiFi?
Or only 2Ghz Connection?
Tourist

I tried your advice but got only a workaround solution!

When setting the WiFi to 2,4 Ghz and first connect in the Xiaomi settings by hand, then I can start the GoPro App and get connected after waiting for a longer time!

But it seems not to be full supported, the connection-menu in the cam still says: "not connected to Gopro App" although I can already get live view and can change settings in the app.
Updates are not possible in this way and also the connection ist very slow!

When choosing the faster 5 GHZ WiFi , it is still impossible to connect.
The wifi network from the GoPro6 does not appear in the Network list at all, when switching to 5Ghz...

Very disappointing, not to get the full range of features...
Sightseer

Im trying to pair my gopro hero 4 black to my redmi phone. However it keeps asking for the gopro wifi password eventhough i have entered the correct password numerous times.
GoPro

Hi @sonskie

Sorry for any troubles caused. Try forgetting the Wi-Fi name and the Bluetooth ID. If it's still the same then you may need toreset the Wi-Fi information of the camera and set up a new one.

Once done, proceed with the pairing process again.

In addition to this please ensure that both the camera and the app are up to date.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej