Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Nightmare app with GoPromax 360 videos for Android users

When I try to play or load any saved 360 video, it always stays in black screen with infinite processing circle. I can just watch a bit directly connected to camera, and very poor if I want to watch more than 30 seconds, but I can't edit it and I can't do anything more. I bought a new and powerful smartphone because I couldn't install the GoPro app in my Samsung Galaxy S5, and now I have the new Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

I have tried everything I have read here and nothing works. Reset camera, reset wifi, reset whole app, uninstall app... and one friend with old iPhone have no problem.

If I try to edit any small piece of a 360 video on the camera, it stucks at 100 percent. (Big, medium, small or micro video)

I bought the camera from the beginning on November. Camera is a jewel, but software looks like a joke for Android and Windows users. I have dissuaded a lot of people to buy the camera if they do not have Apple products. I face this issue several months waiting for the next update with no success and there is no more to try to be able to see 360 videos, edit or cut a little piece with overcapture like some other smartphones

It is very frustrating to have to ask phones much older and slower to friends to be able to cut a little piece of 360 video from my 360 camera
Screenshot_2020-03-09-02-08-05-063_com.gopro.smarty.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Nightmare app with GoPromax 360 videos for Android users

Sorry to hear about the trouble, @peppyspiri1514. See if the phones that you are using meet the requirements for 360 support in the GoPro App. 

Some users share through this thread that turning on or enabling animations through the phone's developer mode option clears the issue. This is something that may be explored.

Highlighted
Hiker

I have tested changing a lot of things in developer options about graphical with no success. Animations, Hardware GPU options etc.. and same infinite loading circle with saved 360 videos

I have updated Android version from 9 to 10 and same issue. 

I will show you some version data if it helps:

GoPro App: 6.7 (8628)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro 6Gb 128gb

Android 10 QP1A, MIUI Global 11.0.2 Estable

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @peppyspiri1514

Thanks for the information.

We have recently released an update for the GoPro App on Android.

Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again

See if the update sorts it out.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

tambem estou passando pelo mesmo problema , meu celular é um sansung A30s e nao consigo editar os videos 360.... o

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @ionbrrj

Do you have the app, the camera and your phone all up to date?

What error message are you getting?

Please see 360 Media Support in the GoPro App for information.

Thanks!

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

I have uninstalled the App, deleted the gopro pairing in bluetooth settings, restarted the phone, reinstalled the app and keep doing the same.
I have downloaded a video from the camera, I save it, I open it 10 times and 7 times the same endless circle appears and another 3 times black screen without showing anything. Ramdomly
Screenshot_2020-03-13-17-42-17-672_com.gopro.smarty.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

And when black screen
Screenshot_2020-03-13-17-41-45-741_com.gopro.smarty.jpg