Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

New quik app - increase timelapse speed

[ New ]

Hi! I've been recording some timewarp videos of cloudy skies and snowstorms this weekend, and they turned out to be too slow.

Now in the previous GoPro app this could be corrected by doubling or quadruppling the speed in the edit, but this feature seems to be removed in favour of the amazing new slowmotion options.
Is this "increase speed function" coming back anytime soon?

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: New quik app - increase timelapse speed

[ New ]

Hey.
Thanks for the advice. I tried a workaround by reusing an editted version of the video, and the fastmo appeared again.

Must have been the 4K resolution that limited the options.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

What is the FPS / Resolution of your video?
What is your device?

For Speed Tool: you can put the whole video in slomo or fastmo - for that tap on the whole segment, this part is still free - but you can't make different segments with different speeds, that part is premium
Tourist

[ New ]

Hey haindash, thanks for getting back at me.

I used Timewarp 10X at 4K with the hero 8 black.

Normally when it turned out to be too slow, I could increase the speed via fastmo but it doesn't appear as an option anymore, also when selecting the full segment. Screenshot attached.
I've got the annual subscription and am using the premium version of the app, at least I think I am...

Screenshot_2021-04-07-14-54-04-15.jpg
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,

The speed tool will display the speed available depending on the FPS / Resolution and capability of your device.
If you don't see any other speeds, it means the fps of your video is too low, of the resolution is too high and your device can't handle fastmo on this video - which is probably what's happening for you here.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hey.
Thanks for the advice. I tried a workaround by reusing an editted version of the video, and the fastmo appeared again.

Must have been the 4K resolution that limited the options.