Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

New phone LG G8x thinkQ connot connect to gopro. Work great on my Old LG G7thinkQ

[ New ]

I can not get my hero7 to connect to my LG G8x thnkQ.  worked great on my old LG G7think Q.I cleared the App data, even unistalled the app and reinstalled it.  deleted any GoPro enteries in blue tooth and wifi.  Also factory reset my go pro.  What did sort of work is i manuly ender the password from the camera in the wifi on the phonelike i was connecting to a wifi network.  then i have some control and preview but very choppy.  I search for smart network setting in the network setting nothing there or close. When setting with the processes like my old phone it get a message device to use with app.  i wait and select my camera.  then shortly after get a message the app hs cancles the connection try again. The phone is on Andriod 10. Camer firmware is 01.90. App version 6.19. Going to boot my old phone and try it again.  i believe it is andriod 10 as well. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: New phone LG G8x thinkQ connot connect to gopro. Work great on my Old LG G7thinkQ

[ New ]

Update.  I have the gopro on 2.4Ghz and had to maunual setup the wifi connectoin to it.  seems to be work fine now.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: New phone LG G8x thinkQ connot connect to gopro. Work great on my Old LG G7thinkQ

[ New ]

Update.  I have the gopro on 2.4Ghz and had to maunual setup the wifi connectoin to it.  seems to be work fine now.

GoPro

[ New ]
Indeed, some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band
Tourist

[ New ]
5GHz works too if you manual setup the wifi settings. But rang is less then 10 feet. Then it is choppy and hard to control.
GoPro

[ New ]

We appreciate your posting back for updates, @265stingray. Thank you for sharing your findings.