Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

New Quik App

[ New ]

Quik Rescues Your Favorite Shots from the ‘Black Hole’ of Your Phone’s Camera Roll

Quik’s ‘Mural’ Feature Serves as a Private Feed for Your Favorite Shots

Auto-Generated Videos + Powerful Editing Tools Empower Casual Users and Pros

$9.99 Annual Subscription to Include Unlimited Cloud Backup at Original Image Quality

On March 16, we launched a total refresh of our mobile app and gave it a new name to reflect its purpose. Aptly named Quik, the app makes it quick and easy to get the most out of your favorite photos and videos no matter what phone or camera you’re using. 

Learn more about Quik through https://gopro.com/en/us/news/gopro-launches-premium-mobile-app-quik .

Hiker

Re: New Quik App

[ New ]

Decent update which seems to work OK. Unfortunately I never use it for editing as it only exports at 1080p. If it exported at the original size I would definitely use it more often. Also needs to be able to add GPS stickers.

Tourist

[ New ]

Что бы сохранить видео - нужна подписка. Но подписка не доступна в моём регионе. Отвратительно.

Убрали поддержку Live Photo на iPhone, которая была в предыдущем приложении Quik.

В целом, пока переходить не буду - приложении не работоспособно. Нельзая сохранить видео.

Также убрали важную (для меня) функцию - работа с Live Photo.

Tourist

[ New ]

Подскажите, какое разрешение видео будет поддерживаться при экспорте?

В предыдущем Quik максимум было 1080 - слабовато для 2021. Очень хочется 4K60FPS

Tourist

[ New ]
After installing the Quik rtmp live streaming with hero 9 stops working. It says your camera does not support feature🤬
Latest firmware 1.52 in camera. Phone samsung s9+
Tourist

[ New ]
Here is the error when trying to rtmp stream with quik. Please fix this asap. Works earlier with go pro app
SmartSelect_20210316-211559_GoPro Quik.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]

Please bring back ProTune settings to your app. I had to buy a weird 3rd party app to controll protune but I'm not satisfied about it yet. I've spend big money to use GoPro's (I still own 4 GoPro's and had 3 others before in a few months) and all the add-ons and I need it back to return my business. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

And still there is no landscape mode for iPad. Unbelievable... I have been a loyal customer for years, bought heaps of cameras, but I can't put up with the ineptitude and lack of customer service anymore - I'm done...

Hiker

[ New ]
I think removing Protune from the app was forced on GoPro due to a legal issue with a software developer.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @liamchad. When you get to the Edit portion on the app, are you able to see the option for adding GPS stickers to your video? On the app, tap on the edit icon, then scroll to the left for Stickers. There is more information about this at How to turn on GPS with GoPro cameras that you may refer to. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Thanks yes I have found the GPS stickers in the edit part. Thank you! No way to change the resolution or framerate of the output file though..
GoPro

[ New ]

@liamchad. There is no way to change the resolution and frame rate on the exported or output media. Our team is aware of this and is looking into it. We will post about it once we have new information to share. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

After update i cant live stream via RTMP on H7B. On H8B seems ok. Frustrating update... Still error "make sure your url is correct ... "... Phone restarted, cam is up to date, cam reseted, restarted... Tested on home wifi, phone hotspot... Nothing...

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @adroitstok2833. Our team is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. We will post about it once the fix is released. Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]
I wanted to raise a bug, it seems that it is not possible to reframe 360 footage. The moving of the 360 footage and putting keyframes works, but having the box overlay does not work
Tourist

[ New ]

With this latest update you can now see why they are totally reworking the app - they want to monetise it. They take features away and then later they reappear as features you now have to pay for eg slow motion.

There will be other features that people are asking for that will require payment.

What's the bet that output quality control comes out and requires payment? Why haven't they added ability to control output quality? It would be really simply to expose quality parameters in the app but perhaps it has been that the app was not able to support monetisation and they want to monetise that feature. They will have a list of two types of new features - features to monetise and free features. The more people ask for features the higher the likelihood that it gets onto the monetise list. The monetise list of features will be higher priority for release.

Tourist

[ New ]

Do clips still have to be exported with stickers and then brought back in for editing? Or can we add stickers during the actual editing process on a clip by clip basis?

I have tried and don't see a way during editing to add the stickers.

Tourist

[ New ]

The reasoning behind why they have never integrated with the Android native media gallery when downloading media from your Gopro (they insist on "hiding" the media inside the app) is now more apparent - they want to lock you into their (now monetised) app and give you less chance to go elsewhere.

Tourist

[ New ]
My mp3 music library that I downloaded is empty on the new Quik app but shows up in the old app. How do I get the music to show up in the new app?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @gilg2. Is your MP3 music library saved on your phone's internal memory? The files should be accessible when you go to Edits (clapper icon), then tap on the Music icon, then the blue Plus sign, then the Your Music tab. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @dj-nc. GPS stickers still cannot be added during edits. They will have to be added per clip, saved and exported then added as a clip with an overlay to your multi-clip story. 

Tourist

[ New ]

Well, it is ok to pay for a good app. I am ready to pay for coom features and I know that Quik has many. But in 2021 I will not pay 50$/y for video editor without 4K output. I cannot undertand how could GoPro accept such product... GoPro cameras and on the edge of technology, and then app with 1080 output... rly? 1080? When did you guys release GoPro HD Hero with 1080? it was 2011! 10 YEARS AGO. And you release app with 1080 output now, it 2021... are you 10 years late?

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm getting a crash on Android with the new app when reframing 360/Max content. When I go to select the aspect ratio for the reframe, the app crashes. 

I worked out this only happens when my phone is in portrait mode, if I rotate to landscape I can select the aspect ratio successfully and rotate back to portrait, but it's annoying to have to do this.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Here are the logs I got from adb when debugging this crash if that helps

FATAL EXCEPTION: main
03-19 09:36:50.347 20804 20804 E AndroidRuntime: Process: com.gopro.smarty, PID: 20804
03-19 09:36:50.347 20804 20804 E AndroidRuntime: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: duration must be a value of zero or greater
03-19 09:36:50.347 20804 20804 E AndroidRuntime: at android.animation.AnimatorSet.setDuration(AnimatorSet.java:614)
03-19 09:36:50.347 20804 20804 E AndroidRuntime: at com.gopro.android.feature.director.editor.keyframing.KeyframeChromeLayout.n(KeyframeChromeLayout.kt:15)
03-19 09:36:50.347 20804 20804 E AndroidRuntime: at b.a.d.h.a.b.q.g.c(Delegates.kt:6)
03-19 09:36:50.347 20804 20804 E AndroidRuntime: at u0.m.a.a(ObservableProperty.kt:4)
03-19 09:36:50.347 20804 20804 E AndroidRuntime: at com.gopro.android.feature.director.editor.keyframing.KeyframeChromeLayout.setAdjustedForAspectRatioPicker(Unknown Source:12)
03-19 09:36:50.347 20804 20804 E AndroidRuntime: at com.gopro.android.feature.director.editor.keyframing.KeyframeChromeLayout.w(KeyframeChromeLayout.kt:12
Sightseer

[ New ]
@mariustanya I can't seem to reframe my 360 video, it goes back to the library is if it is crashing
Sightseer

[ New ]
@dukky yes I have this same issue, what is going on
Tourist

[ New ]
Yes my mp3 files are downloaded on my iPhone files. Like I said I can view it on the old Quik app but not on the new Quik app that just came out this week. Have you tried with the new app?
Tourist

[ New ]

@eventlessdrop Does the landscape mode workaround fix this for you? It's annoying though because I quite often switch the aspect ratio to get different clips from a single 360 video

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks - that's what I thought. That creates the most stupid workflow possible when dealing with lots of clips!

@mariustanya wrote:

Hello, @dj-nc. GPS stickers still cannot be added during edits. They will have to be added per clip, saved and exported then added as a clip with an overlay to your multi-clip story. 

Tourist

[ New ]
It’s sad they won’t bring it back they don’t care about us at all only money
Hiker

[ New ]

Ja ich bin auch massiv enttäsucht!

Nichts der User-Vorschläge zur Verbesserung der App wurde umgesetzt! Immer noch die gleichen Fehler bzw. fehelnden Funktionen wie vor mehr als einem Jahr!

- kein Landscape-Modus für ipad

- keine Möglichkeit die Export-Qualität selbst zu definieren bzw. einzustellen

- nachwievor ist das Export-Video qualitativ viel schlechter als die Input-Videos (Original-Videos). 4K 60FPS und auch die Bitrate sind richtig, die Videos sind aber deutlich unschärfer!

- Live-Fotos können noch immer nicht verwendet werden (Videos werden nicht importiert) - das konnte sogar die alte Quik App schon!

- Eigene Musik aus Apple Music kann noch immer nicht eingefügt werden (auch wenn man diese lokal auf das iphone/ipad lädt)!

- und jetzt muss man für quasi diesselbe schlechte App auch noch zahlen!

Es wäre so einfach gewesen:

Man hätte nur für die alte Quik App die Möglichkeit von 4K implementieren müssen und alles wäre gut gewesen!

Schade für das Image von GoPro, denn die Kameras sind wirklich toll!

Hiker

[ New ]

Try some other themes, only premium themes and settings require a subscription to save, there are some that you can use for free.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi All,

I will try to reply as much as I can :)
8.1 is live on Android and should follow soon on iOS. Check it out and update when you can as it has lots of fixes.

@liamchad  @zont 
"Unfortunately I never use it for editing as it only exports at 1080p."

Currently here’s what you have when you export a multi-clip edit in GoPro App/Quik:

• On Android it’s 1080p/60fps in output.
  • On iOS we take the resolution / FPS of the most media in your Story (so if you have a majority of 4K media, output will be 4K. If your media are 50FPS > output will be 50FPS)

iOS is technically more performant. The encoder performance and quality provided by the Android devices isn't as good so you won't have the same results on Android.

Note that currently, the Team is working on an export quality settings options.

@dj-nc 
"Also needs to be able to add GPS stickers."
GPS stickers can be added on single video that have GPS data.
To have that in your Story. First SAVE TO PHONE then take the media from the phone, we do want to change that in the future as this isn't convenient. We are aware of this.

@zont 
Removed Live Photo support on iPhone > yes for now but we will address this to add support again.
To save the video, you need a subscription > yes, we now have a subscription model. However if you do own a GoPro, pair it with the app and you can save unlimited Stories without the Premium features. (premium styles, filters, music, speed segments)

@zzrwood
Landscape support editing

> yes isn't for just yet, sorry about that.

@rakaunis @adroitstok2833 
Live Streaming RTMP HERO7

> We have a ticket for the issue and the Team is checking it 

@dukky  @eventlessdrop 
crash on Android with the new app when reframing 360/Max content

> We have some crash fixes on 360 editing in update 8.1. Can you check on this update if you still experience this crash?

@gilg2 
To add your own music:

In the Music screen tap not the blue + button. You will find the "GoPro Music" and "My Music" tag. 

There you will see all songs that are stored locally on your device. 

The best way is to prepare a Playlist of your music in iTunes/Music then you plug your phone to your computer and synchronise your phone choosing this playlist so all tracks can be found in your device and can be used to make a Story in GoPro App. 

@dromdrol 

- no landscape mode for ipad

>>> Yes not yet, we are aware, we want to take care of it but we don't have enough resources and time to make it happen for now

- No possibility to define or adjust the export quality yourself

>>> we are currently working on this feature, so it's coming up next

- The quality of the export video is still much worse than that of the input videos (original videos). 4K 60FPS and also the bit rate are correct, but the videos are much more blurred!

>>> We will have a look to see what can be done to improve this, it will be done along the export setting feature I've mentioned above

- Live photos still cannot be used (videos are not imported) - even the old Quik app could!

>>> We know and we want to provide support, work on this is in progress

- My own music from Apple Music still cannot be inserted (even if you download it locally to the iphone / ipad)!

>>> We are aware that adding personal music on iOS is cumbersome, we do want to improve on that. Don't know when exactly.

- and now you have to pay for the same bad app!

>>> if you own a GoPro, you can make unlimited Stories as lons as you don't use the premium styles, filters, music. There are lots of other styles, music, filter to use. Also you can make your full video clip in slomo/fastmo it's not a paid feature, as long as you don't make segment, slomo/fastmo stays a free feature.

Protune - no change.

I think I've responded to all.

Don't hesitate to make a new post to report things to it's easier to keep track and answer.
Let me know how 8.1 goes (Android, but iOS is coming up soon as well)

GoPro

[ New ]
After checking, know that the Live streaming over RTMP crash is set to fixed in 8.1.

We have another issue > [Live Streaming with HERO7 Black] Sometimes RTMP streaming stops that is being investigated by the Team
Tourist

[ New ]
Doesn’t surprise me. Seems GoPro cares more about taking more of our money than perfecting their product.
Tourist

[ New ]
So glitchy. It doesn’t save my changes. I tried three times and doesn’t save. GoPro, please keep the old version supported until you work out the glitches and send an updated fixed version.
GoPro

[ New ]

@gilg2

Sorry about that. In 8.0 that was an issue on Android then some Stories were not saved to phone. This issue has been fixed in 8.1.
If you are encountering a different issue, please can you tell me the exact steps you are doing so I can try to reproduce this on my end?
Thank you.

Hiker

[ New ]

Uma bela explicação @haindash , tinha duvidas com relação da exportação em fps e resolução para despositivo android, foi respondida com extrema clareza!!!! Parabens. Heart  

Sightseer

How to GPS overlay with new Quik???

[ New ]
Assuming operator error...

Hero 5 black v2.07/ iOS iPhone 6 and apps are current
NTSC files
Only have iPhone 7 to work with right now

First time attempting the overlay, YouTube says to go to speedometer and just turn it on. New Quik brings up the new features for video speed features which kick ass but I can’t find anywhere an option to apply the overlay. Old Quick appears that the speedometer is the on/off but is greyed out because I saved files(that half are now deleted) to the new quik app not realizing the change up. So I’m guessing the old quik is the only way to apply overlay? If so will saving the videos on new quik to open on old quik corrupt the gps data. Also Is there a way to verify that I captured telemetry besides making sure the icon is on the screen? Thanks appreciate the help
GoPro

Re: How to GPS overlay with new Quik???

[ New ]
Hi, @ranco390

Here some info about stickers in GoPro App > https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-View-Stickers-in-the-GoPro-App/ta-p/388235
Stickers can be applied in single media edit but you won't find them in Story editing mode.
Know that for now if you save a media with a sticker to the app and then select it to make a multi-clip edit, it will not have the sticker. You have to first SAVE TO PHONE, then import it from there for the sticker to be displayed.

If you can't display stickers that require GPS data in GoPro App it may be because the footage doesn't have data that are precise enough. Sometimes the GPS is locked then signal is lost and back on again, when this happens the data isn't reliable enough to use it in the stickers.
Check GPS signal on the camera make sure it's locked/activated (GPS pin icon is white not grey) before filming.
So first turn camera on (so no Quick Capture) and wait a bit for signal to be ok (it can take some time) and then start shooting. GPS will work best when outdoor.

The other feature - Speed - is to add slow-motion/fast-motion segments.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Почему я не могу сохранить свой проект? Я плачу за подписку и не получаю 50% на аксессуары и замену камеры в случае поломки. Все, что я получила, это облако для хранение, но и оно не в силе сохранить мой проект, на который потрачено много времени.я в ярости
Screenshot_20210401-111221.png
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
Sorry about that but it seems that you've deleted the media used to make your project. Media have to be available locally on your phone app or it's not possible to create the project.

In this article you can find information about our subscriptions: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-Free-vs-Subscription-Features/ta-p/1028709
Tourist

[ New ]

I cant even connect my max camera to the app on my iphone. it just always says 'unable to join' even though its right next to it and connections are on. 

Hiker

[ New ]
It’s really annoying that Live Photo’s have been removed. I’d go back to the previous app if I could. Please address that, the export quality and iPad landscape ASAP.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @motiontracker. If you haven't yet, try manually connecting to the camera's Wi-Fi network from your phone’s Wi-Fi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera. If applicable, change the Wi-Fi Band on your camera to 2.4GHz.

Sightseer

[ New ]
How do I subscribe to just Quik in the Uk. In the app when I click subscribe it only gives me the option to subscribe to the full GoPro subscription at £50 which I don’t want. I just want to be able to use the App which at £10 a year doesn’t seem too bad.
Tourist

[ New ]

Its fine, i haved fixed this issue by resetting all connections. looking forward to next weeks problems already. seemingly endless.

GoPro

[ New ]
@grandboost60351
Live photos support: we know and we want to bring that back at some point.
Export quality: we will make some development on this
iPad Landscape support: we want to make it happen, we just have lots of other things to do before so sadly it's not a top priority for now.
GoPro

[ New ]
@nimblebeac01070
Hi,
You can try to unpair/remove your camera. If that doesn't work you may have to delete and install again the app (make sure to save to phone all relevant media/stories because it deletes all content) then upon prompt just say: my phone for now, instead of saying that you have a GoPro.
You can try that.
Tourist

[ New ]

Hello,

Is there any way to add highlights after media was downloaded to phone? If not it would be really nice feature.

GoPro

[ New ]
@pileqrai
Hi,

Yes so HiLights are used in Story mode - that's when you select several media and you make a Story.

When you start a Story, simple tap on one video and you will have the option to add HiLights to your video, with that, the engine will use your HiLights to show the parts that you want in the final video.

Hope that helps :)