Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: New Quik App

[ New ]
Hi @mariustanya, no error message just a unresponsive black screen or app quits to Home Screen. Yes I’ve loads on free space.
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the issue, @retrosteve. To verify, is this same issue observed even with version 8.2 of the app? We just released this version yesterday. Will you be able to share a clip showing the issue? We'd like to report this to the app team so more specific information will be helpful. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash wrote:
@karln045

Sorry about that
Yes it seems like the files you are trying to add are too big :( and the app can't handle it.
Also, what is your device?

Was your device going to sleep when you saw the message "Adding To Mural"?

Device is a Google Pixel 4a (5G), and yes it was going to sleep when it was failing, but I tried again and for about an hour I prevented it from sleeping by repeatedly touching the screen to keep it awake (but it never finished).

Will larger files ever be supported by the app? I was hoping it would pull out highlight moments from the longer videos. These are GoPro videos that were stitched together automatically after uploading from the camera to GoPro Plus and then downloaded to the app.

GoPro

[ New ]

@retrosteve 

I'm sorry about the trouble that you are having, it seems like your app is in a bad state. 

Just to make sure are you running maybe both the NEW Quik App (icon Quik in white and black backgroun) and the OLD Quik App (icon is just Q logo blue/white + black background) if so I would recommend to delete the old Quik App as this app isn't supported.

Then reboot your device to help.

If you still encounter lots of issues it would be best to do a clean install of the app to start fresh. However this looses the content of the app (not media that you may have in GoPro Cloud if you have it of course I don't know) so it's more of a last resort option.

Quik 8.2 is the latest update, released recently.

@karln045

Sorry, indeed I believe that the files you are trying to add are too big.
I tested this as well, I added big files (not as big as you though) the device went to sleep, but upon waking up the device, my media were sent correctly to Mural wall. So going to sleep for the phone didn't stuck the process on my end, in that case the issue must be the files themselves. :(
You can actually set in the phone settings the time when the phone goes to sleep to a longer period.

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash im using the new QUIK app white text on black. 

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash wrote:

@karln045

Sorry, indeed I believe that the files you are trying to add are too big.
I tested this as well, I added big files (not as big as you though) the device went to sleep, but upon waking up the device, my media were sent correctly to Mural wall. So going to sleep for the phone didn't stuck the process on my end, in that case the issue must be the files themselves. :(
You can actually set in the phone settings the time when the phone goes to sleep to a longer period.

I know how to change the screen timeout, but I don't think that's the issue. The root issue appears to be large files, possibly files over 4 GB. The new Quik is an interesting idea, but if it can only support still photos and short video clips it's not all that useful to me.

GoPro

[ New ]
@karln045
I have reported the issue with the title screen being shown twice, this will be fixed.
However importing huge 1one hour file isn't really supported. The purpose is to make an auto-edit of something like 2/3 mins duration (a song duration) so going for huge files, it just won't work on a mobile.
Sorry about that.
Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash wrote:
@karln045
I have reported the issue with the title screen being shown twice, this will be fixed.
However importing huge 1one hour file isn't really supported. The purpose is to make an auto-edit of something like 2/3 mins duration (a song duration) so going for huge files, it just won't work on a mobile.
Sorry about that.

Well, I just got the 8.2 update and it looks like I can now import these longer files (and it only takes a second or two now). I only want to pull out some highlights so it still works for me.