Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: New Quik App

[ New ]

@pileqrai 

As a matter of fact - I just realized that the option to add HiLights for individual media - not in a Story - is only on iOS. 

I'm not sure if this feature will be added to Android however.
HiLights are exclusively used in Story - basically you put a HiLight and the tool will select that moment and show it in your video. 
HiLights don't have a role outside of the Story mode so there's no real point in having them for individual media if you're not in a Story.

There is a big tool update for HiLights that is in the work, long term project, so I'm not sure that this feature will be added on Android.

I recomment that you deal with HiLights only in Story mode for now.

GoPro

[ New ]
@karln045

Sorry about that
Yes it seems like the files you are trying to add are too big :( and the app can't handle it.
Also, what is your device?

Was your device going to sleep when you saw the message "Adding To Mural"?
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi :) Well I use it to mark important moments for later so I can later cut them into chunks with only interesting stuff. Also what's more important it's somehow getting unstable when you import few longer clips to  edit. I'm using Note10+ so it shouldn't be resources problem. 

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

I see what you mean, unfortunately I'm not sure this will be implemented on Android since an upgraded tool is in planning.

About the other issue, update 8.2 is just around the corner and it should solved many issues, lots of crashes :) Coming up this week.
Tourist

[ New ]
Ok, thanks a lot! ;) BTW are there any plans for desktop app?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,
I'm sorry I don't have enough info regarding Desktop.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm having an absolute nightmare with this new app on my iPad on iOS and it's made accessing my existing Edits almost impossible to access. Unless I manually sweep scroll the screen sideways I can't see my Edits/Projects list and even then trying to open them is like trying to win the lottery by clicking randomly on the screen until something opens but then the projects don't load!

the app crashes all the time too. It's a nightmare. I'm worried that I'll loose all my ongoing projects now...

How could you release this software with so many bugs and lock away existing projects behind a subscribe screen? I thought existing GoPro Hero owners could use the free functions once they'd reconnected their cameras? 

And why won't your forum software allow iOS screenshots to be attached to the post? 

so frustrating.

All I want to do is get to my existing Edit projects and finish them off before I think about paying GoPro another cent. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @retrosteve. Do you get an error message or notification when the app crashes? Does your phone have enough memory space to accommodate the edits/new media? We recently released version 8.2 of Quik on iOS. See if updating to this latest will make a difference. Also, there is information on the free and paid features of Quik here that you may refer to.