Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: New Quik App

[ New ]

Hello,

Is there any way to add highlights after media was downloaded to phone? If not it would be really nice feature.

GoPro

[ New ]
@pileqrai
Hi,

Yes so HiLights are used in Story mode - that's when you select several media and you make a Story.

When you start a Story, simple tap on one video and you will have the option to add HiLights to your video, with that, the engine will use your HiLights to show the parts that you want in the final video.

Hope that helps :)
Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks, but these highlights are not persisted in the clip. Do you plan to introduce a feature to add highlights during playback in the gallery? Just as I can do when I view media on my camera? This would IMO improve UX a lot.
GoPro

[ New ]

@pileqrai, if you're using an iOS device, you can add HiLights when you playback the video in the app's gallery. When you select and open the media in the App tab, there's a HiLight banner option that will allow you to add HiLights to the video as you play it back.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm trying to create an "event" in the new Quik on Android 11. I downloaded all the videos and photos to the app so they're locally available--about 15 videos and photos total. One of the videos is about one hour, the rest are shorter (~15 minutes max). I selected the items I wanted and created the event. However, it seems to just sit on the "Adding to Mural" screen forever (it's been going over an hour now), and if it times out and the screen locks or you leave the app and return it prompts you for the name again and seems to start all over! I hope this can run in the background eventually.

Tourist

[ New ]

@karln045 wrote:

I'm trying to create an "event" in the new Quik on Android 11. I downloaded all the videos and photos to the app so they're locally available--about 15 videos and photos total. One of the videos is about one hour, the rest are shorter (~15 minutes max). I selected the items I wanted and created the event. However, it seems to just sit on the "Adding to Mural" screen forever (it's been going over an hour now), and if it times out and the screen locks or you leave the app and return it prompts you for the name again and seems to start all over! I hope this can run in the background eventually.

This may be a file size issue, because I started trying to add the files individually. Everything worked fine except the two longer videos (13:59 and 54:46 at 1080/60). The 13:59 is probably larger than 4 GB (I think the chapter limit for 1080/60 is closer to 11:30), so it's possible the app can't handle this correctly.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks, so there's such feature :) I'm using Android, will there be such thing any time soon?
GoPro

[ New ]

We do not have information about it at this time, @pileqrai. We will definitely post once we have a solution. Thanks!