Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: New Quik App

[ New ]
@stoutjump6531
The new Quik App has many functionalities that the previous app doesn't have - new musics GoPro original tracks, new filters, new video styles, a full Speed tool. More to come, the app gets updated every two weeks. Live Photo support and better Music management for iOS are also planned.
Tourist

[ New ]
Did new version support GoPro 7 silver? Just buy new from box and can’t connect.
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @mikim87348

Sorry about that. Yes the Quik App supports the 7 silver.

For connection issues, it’s best to reset everything because it could be a problem with the phone itself, the app, or the camera. 

Firstly the phone:
- Restart the phone
- After phone is back on turn off/on wifi and bluetooth 
- Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu
- Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu

Secondly the app:
- Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app (long press on camera image)
- (Android only Clear cache from the app: go to settings - apps - GoPro - clear cache)
- Kill the app and relaunch

- Make sure you are running the latest app version

Lastly the camera:
- Pull battery out and back in

- Make sure you are running the latest camera Firmware
- Turn wifi off and on
- Turn camera off and on

Now for pairing the camera to the app:
- Put camera in pairing mode, turn wifi connection on or wireless connections on
- Open app and tap the camera icon
- At this point the app will try to connect over bluetooth and take you through the pairing process, follow all the instructions on screen in app
- Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth
- Once you are paired just make sure for future reconnections that the wifi is on in the camera and you’ll be all set

Hope this helps

Best,
Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash 

Can you speak to these things I've found using the app?

Seem like the old app work a lot better in most cases.

Own Music Importing

The new solution for music on the Quik new update is NOT easy or user-friendly...
There is no obvious way to import my own music without having to read the support forums.

No Name Icons
I didn't know what those icons at the bottom of the app do, without some sort of text. I had to click them to find out what each of them do.

No Sort By File Name
Why can't I sort my images by FILENAME? This is sorely needed. I import 100 images in order from 1.jpg, 2.jpg, renaming them that way, AND I can't sort them or choose them that way?

Unauthorized accessing
Seems as if the Quik app searching my text messages for images? Also, it then says, " saving to the cloud". 

From Cloud only?
Seems as if QUIK app pulls images I save on my device, from the cloud. Does it not pull my images from local even though it says it can? I've imported images to an album, then went into the app then clicked on the album folder to select pics,  and it said folder empty???

GoPro

[ New ]

@all4artz 

1/ We are aware that adding your own music on iOS is annoying. We want to improve that

2/ Yes there's a ticket in progress for that, name of options has already been added on Android, coming on iOS

3/ You can use the filter Recent, for now there's no plan on adding a file name filter, sorry

4/ I don't really understand that, You can send pictures from your text message to Quik but that's all, it's your call if you want to do.
Once it's phone media are added they will show in your App Tab and automatically be backed up in the Cloud

5/ I'm not sure I understand what you mean. If you import phone media to your app, once they show in App Tab, they will be send to your Cloud.

Hiker

Rif.: New Quik App

[ New ]
Well it seems I can connect to the camera (Gopro Max) only once. After that I need to reset the connection, remove the camera from the app and I may be lucky again.
Gopro - how is it possible everytime you write software it's so buggy that irritates the hell out of me and even a saint would lose their patience?
See attached screenshot. This is what happens the second time I tried to access the media or control the camera. After a while it times out. No error messages, nothing.
Android 10, Huawei P30 Lite.
I'm already upset I can't edit 360 footage with this phone, now not even I can see the media on my camera?
Screenshot_20210721_185648_com.android.settings.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]
Well it seems I can connect to the camera (Gopro Max) only once. After that I need to reset the connection, remove the camera from the app and I may be lucky again.
Gopro - how is it possible everytime you write software it's so buggy that irritates the hell out of me and even a saint would lose their patience?
See attached screenshot. This is what happens the second time I tried to access the media or control the camera. After a while it times out. No error messages, nothing.
Android 10, Huawei P30 Lite.
I'm already upset I can't edit 360 footage with this phone, now not even I can see the media on my camera?
Screenshot_20210721_185648_com.android.settings.jpg
Tourist

[ New ]
Buenas tardes

Compre la suscripción, pero no me deja usar la aplicación completamente me dice que me suscriba de nuevo, me podrían ayudar
Gracias
GoPro

[ New ]
@bluedive31444
Sorry about that.
Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth
Have you tried that?

Also, try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.  Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera.
GoPro

[ New ]
@peppylift86455

Make sure that you are using the correct email address linked to the subscription. We have found that very often users are confused as of which address has the subscription since there's the GoPro Account and the PlayStore or iTunes purchase.
Check directly in the App settings - the little person icon in the top left corner. Don't use autofill in case it fills in the wrong account.

For some users who were stuck, they simply did a log off log back in and it worked for them. Just suggesting this just in case.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Hello, what about account in iTunes in Russia?
Hiker

[ New ]
Yes I've tried all of this, no luck yet.
GoPro

[ New ]
So when I have issue connecting to my Android device, I usually kill app and remove the battery of my camera before trying again. Not sure if that can help you @bluedive31444
But we have a different device, I have a Note 10
Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, unfortunately I can not get it to connect my Hero6black (V02.10) with my OnePlus 7 pro (Oxygen OS 11.0.1.1.GM21BA). Have already reset Camera and Phone, but it always comes the same error message "couldn't pair with GoPro xxxx because of an incorrect PIN or passkey". Manuel I can connect my Phone with the Cam, but not with the Quick App. Anyone else this problem and maybe already found a solution?

Tourist

[ New ]
Buenos días
Ya verifique lo que me recomiendas y sigue igual
305C7617-C0B4-412D-93AC-437A7C96BA22.png
GoPro

[ New ]

@lafox991, please try the suggestions I posted to your other post.

GoPro

Re: Rif.: New Quik App

[ New ]

@peppylift86455, I tried to locate your subscription using the email address on your Support Hub to no avail. Please make sure that you're signed in to the app using the correct email associated with a subscription.

Tourist

[ New ]

I already verified the email and it is correct and I still get the free trial option

GoPro

[ New ]

@peppylift86455, did you sign up through iTunes? If you see an option to Restore Purchases, please proceed with that and check access to the subscription again.

Tourist

[ New ]

Good afternoon, I have restored what you indicated and it allows me to edit video, but when I save a video and I want to edit it by adding an image or something, I get the message again that to import from a device that is not a GO PRO I must have a subscription , can you help me with that?

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @peppylift86455. Are those media from a different device saved on your phone? Will you be able to send a screenshot showing the issue? Thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]

With the new version of QUIK, I registered as a member, but when the account was about to be restored, I encountered a problem and could not restore the data. The software told me that the purchase was used by another account. I tried to cancel and subscribe again, but it still cannot be resolved. Questions on the software, do I have a service person who can answer me by email? Or is there a way to cancel another account that I have activated by mistake? The member's mail is ***@gmail.com, please reply to this mailbox ***@gmail.com, thank you. Anxious users

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @amymai3838

We are not able to pull up a subscription using the email addresses provided.

How did you sign up for the subscription?
Would you be able to send a screenshot confirming the subscription?

Thanks!
Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @amymai3838

We are not able to pull up a subscription using the email addresses provided.

How did you sign up for the subscription?
Would you be able to send a screenshot confirming the subscription?

Thanks!
Ej