Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: New Quik App

[ New ]

@darchjesse

Sorry it seems like for now we are not able to offer a subscription where you are - technicals obstacles preventing us from doing so :( 

I'm not sure if / when this can be changed but I know that the team is looking at options.

If you own a GoPro, which is paired with the GoPro Quik app, you can make unlimited Stories but you can't be using premium tools such as: premium styles, filters, music and the speed segment tool.

For Speed Tool: you can put the whole video in slomo or fastmo - for that tap on the whole segment, this part is still free - but you can't make different segments with different speeds, that part is premium.

So when making a Story make sure you are not using any features that has a little blue lightning icon, those are premium features requiring a GoPro Subscription.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-Free-vs-Subscription-Features/ta-p/1028709

Tourist

[ New ]
Me gustaría saber las limitaciones de la App sin tener cuenta premium por suscripción. También si hay diferencias entre las versiones de iPhone y Android.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fleetflame0607

There is information on the free and paid features of the Quik app at https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-Free-vs-Subscription-Features/ta-p/1028709 that you may refer to.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Всем привет!

Я смог купить подписку на Quik! (я в России и в этом регионе это заблокировано GoPro)

Суть в том, что подписка привязывается к email, а не к AppleID. Мой друг из США залогинился в Quik под моим аккаунтом и оплатил подписку, теперь я могу пользоваться всеми платными функциями Quik без покупки дорогого аннанта - сработало! :)

Tourist

[ New ]
I would really like to know the actual number of Mural Events, from my tests I think it is 3.

In Quickstories I would also like to know the number that is allowed in each Mural Event.
Hiker

[ New ]

Please re-add the live photo feature. It's annoying that features have been taken away, especially since your now charging people to use all features. 

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

The Old Quik App used to have special effects for Live Photos - a combination of videos/photos.
Sadly we didn't manage to have that feature just in the New Quik App. So we do support Live Photos - in the sense that they can be added to your Stories, but they only show as normal photos.
The improved Live Photos effects is in our roadmap to be added again down the road.
Tourist

[ New ]
What to you plan to add first: landscape support for iPad or Live Photo support?
GoPro

[ New ]
In all honesty I don't know. Live Photo support has to be managed in the backend and also supported in all video styles, so it could be a long process - just as the landscape support.
Tourist

[ New ]
I have no idea why you don't let us adjust shutter speed through the app. This is worthless to me. Why would you provide something like this and remove a key feature?
Tourist

[ New ]
Hi,
Today i have troubles to connect with my Hero 9 black. There was at first pop up saying i have to update camera software (it is up to date) and now it is saying that security policies prohibit using unsecured wifi networks (i am translating it, pop up is in my phone local language). Phone is Samsung Note 10+.
Thanks 4 help
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @livelybluf72846

Was the update done via the app or was it completed manually?

Have you tried restarting your phone?

You may also check the steps on GoPro Quik: Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

for using Mural:

Is there a way to sort photos to show oldest first? Right now the newest photo is first.

i have a progressive construction project happening and want to go from excavation to completion

Thanks

Sightseer

[ New ]

the site indicates this is compatible with Apple Watch, but watchos is not listed in the compatibility and it will not load on the new SE with watchos 7.4

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi.
I am so frustrated, I have just purchased the Hero 9, but the app is freezing up all the time, can’t Connect to camera, and so on, it is hopelees, I am on a IPhone 12 pro, please fix the app Quikly.
Best regards
Ken
Denmark

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @kenf61601. Restart your device then check out this article to resolve your issue - https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-How-to-Resolve-Crashing-or-Freezing-Issues/ta-p/392953 . Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
Почему не работает подписка, оплатил, а функционал не появился
65F96239-7563-4B65-873F-C1CB7294CA2F.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @vaaran. We used the email address associated with your HUb profile but we are unable to pull up any record for the subscription. How did you purchase the subscription? Did you use the same email address as in your Hub profile? 

Tourist

[ New ]
I have used Hero 3+ and GoPro app for years with very little problem. Now my app won't let me delete videos from the camera. Anyone got a solution?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jimmythenoo365

What version is the app on?

What error message are you getting?

Have you tried relaunching the app?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

i pay via apple id using a bank card

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi. The camera is on software v HD3. 11.03.03.
The Quik App on android was updated 17.May. To version 8.5.
It's only since this update have I experienced any issues.
When I go to use the phone app to delete images/videos. It asks "Are you sure you want to delete this media?" I select OK. Then you get a brief glimpse of the blue whirling circle as if it is about to delete the file and then it shows a black box with a white x in it as if to inform you that it did not delete the file. No other messages. I have restarted the phone. And I have removed/re-inserted the battery in the camera but no difference.
Hiker

[ New ]

It is anything but quick my friend

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi, @jimmythenoo365
are you deleting media that are in your app or media directly from your camera? I have tested deleted media from the app tab and it was working properly.
From the camera, this may have happened to me a couple times, but usually on the second try if works ok.
Tourist

[ New ]
This was images on the camera. I reformatted the SD card. Reinstalled the app on my phone..... And wait for it...... Now the app can't find my camera. (WiFi and power on). Grrr
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Try this:
Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu
Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu
Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app
Pair again
Sightseer

[ New ]
This app is total garbage. It no longer works properly with my session 5 and you took away features that were free before and want to charge me? Tell you what, since this junk no longer works with the camera you sold me I would like my money back. It’s ridiculous to think a company can sell someone something then take away the ability for them to use it.
Tourist

[ New ]
I ended up reinstalling the software update manually to the SD card. Gave the camera a new WiFi name and p/word. It all started working again. But only let's me delete photos but not videos. So when the memory fills up with videos I don't need I'll have to connect the SD card to the lap top to delete them so as to make space available on the card. Just great.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @jimmythenoo365

What happens when trying to delete videos?

Are you getting an error message?

See if relaunching the app or restarting your phone will help.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

How can i add gps data to my videos? I understand that the former app offered the possibility to add gps "stickers". I can find any comparable thing in the new app? Please advice. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @chrisx9

What version is the app on?

Check out the steps on GoPro Quik: How to View Stickers

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 i use the new app as said. version is 8.5 (5140). The how-to you linked is for the former app. In that old app, there was the "stickers" option. As i said, this option is NOT available in the new app. How can i use "stickers", specifically gps stickers, in the most recent app "quik"?

thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Stickers / GPS Stickers can be added when you edit a single media - not in Story mode.

Know that for now if you save a media with a sticker to the app and then select it to make a multi-clip edit, it will not have the sticker. You have to first SAVE TO PHONE, then import it from there for the sticker to be displayed.
That way the sticker is actually "burnt" onto the video. Otherwise it's just a layer that you can add and remove.

If you can't display stickers that require GPS data in Quik App it may be because the footage doesn't have data that are precise enough. Sometimes the GPS is locked then signal is lost and back on again, when this happens the data isn't reliable enough to use it in the stickers.
Check GPS signal on the camera make sure it's locked/activated (GPS pin icon is white not grey) before filming.
So first turn camera on (so no Quick Capture) and wait a bit for signal to be ok (it can take some time) and then start shooting. GPS will work best when outdoor.
Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash Works! Great, thank you :-)

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok, I have been really frustrated with this app. I shot a video which the Gopro divided this into multiple files, here are my questions:

• In the app there seems to be multiple copies of the video under Cloud, the individual videos and one video that seems to contain everything
  • the separate files when it was auto uploaded from the gopro, seems to be missing some files, I do not see how I can manually upload the missing file from the gopro because everytime I plug it in, it keeps saying "no new media to upload", so all I can use is the one big video
  • now when I go to the Quik app on ios, when I try to download the big video, it stalls in the end but never completes, I know I have space on the device but it never tells me why it stalls (this is when I choose, download to app)
  • when I try to choose 'save to Photos' on ios, it says it's the compressed file, which is OK, but again it never completes, says an error with no real details on what the error is
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @nimr0d

Sorry about all that.
I'll try to answer the best I can on this. Sorry if I don't have a solution for you.

When you upload your footage directly from camera to Cloud then your video will "appear" concatenated in the Cloud as one thumbnail, the proxy shows it as a single file for playback purposes but it's not a single file actually.
So when you download it to your app, you download single / separated files which are Chapters.
Chapters are a normal way for your camera to save large / long filming sessions to avoid any corruption of files.
See this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Camera-File-Chaptering-Information/ta-p/390210

If you didn't use camera as a hub (= upload straight from camera to Cloud) then you would have gotten the individual files onto your app, which would have been sent as individual files to the Cloud.
All this was implemented so that Chapters don't loose their metadata.
Timestamps are retained.

If some files have not uploaded you could take them from the SD card and upload them to the Cloud via the computer.

If you don't manage to save a file to your app / to your phone and that the process doesn't complete, I would say it could be a space / memory problem. Chapters are big files.
I would try to delete the app and install it clean again - check phone memory, compared space needed and space available and try again.
Warning: deleting app deletes all of its content, that's how it releases space so make sure everything you want is saved (media/edits)

Downloading a 1 hour file takes like 30 minutes, could be more. If you move away from the router or cell range it could cause the download to fail, if there's some kind of interruption of the network, same thing.

Sightseer

[ New ]
Protune, is it coming back or do we need to invest in other brands? Is it even legal to remove feutures that were promised when we bought the product? It went from a great camera to something i cant even use now 😏
Tourist

Rif.: New Quik App

[ New ]
Updated from old GoPro app to quick and now I can’t preview my files, any advice on how to do it?
Thank you
GoPro

Re: Rif.: New Quik App

[ New ]

Hello, @pilgrim84. Which camera model do you have? Are you trying to view media from the camera, or doing a live preview? If the latter, is it live preview while the camera is idle, or when it is recording? There is information at GoPro Quik: Live Preview that you may refer to. 

There are also troubleshooting steps at GoPro Quik: Live Preview Never Starts for you to try. Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, thanks for the reply,

i have a hero 7 black. What i can't do anymore is watch the preview of the video i have saved on my gopro from my phone. When i press on one it says "can't preview your media, some files cannot be previewed from your gopro. Download the file to your iphone to view it" which is quite a pain as from the small icon i can't really understand which video i'm looking at and plus this was available with the old version of the app

GoPro

[ New ]

Does it matter which resolution settings were used for the videos? Were you able to visit this page https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-Live-Preview/ta-p/394286? See if lowering the resolution settings for the recorded video makes a difference. 

Tourist

[ New ]

yes i had a look at that page but that refers to the preview while recording, i don't care about that. I just want to watch the videos which have already been recorded and are saved on my camera. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the clarification, @pilgrim84. Is this issue true for all the media/videos on the SD card that you are trying to view on the app? Can these media be played back in-camera? 

Do you get a pop-up message when trying to view the files on the app? A screenshot of this would be greatly helpful. Also, see if your issue falls under the categories at GoPro Quik: Unable to View Camera Media. If so, have a go at the tips on how to fix it. 

Sightseer

[ New ]
Установила новое приложение, оплатила подписку на год, но пишет что ITunes недоступен и я не могу пользоваться приложением. Прошу исправить или вернуть мне деньги за подписку!!!
Tourist

[ New ]
I think this app and go pro software is the biggest hunk of **bleep** I have ever owned! The device can't or sporadically links up to go pro! Wtf! Auto upload never works! Whats bad is i bought 2 of the hero 8s and the software is cheap junk! You would think as long as you guys have been around your stuff would work like its suppose to! A large amount of money wasted on my part!
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that.

For connection issues, it’s best to reset everything because it could be a problem with the phone itself, the app, or the camera. 

Firstly the phone:
- Restart the phone
- After phone is back on turn off/on wifi and bluetooth 
- Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu
- Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu

Secondly the app:
- Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app (long press on camera image)
- (Android only Clear cache from the app: go to settings - apps - GoPro - clear cache)
- Kill the app and relaunch

- Make sure you are running the latest app version

Lastly the camera:
- Pull battery out and back in

- Make sure you are running the latest camera Firmware
- Turn wifi off and on
- Turn camera off and on

Now for pairing the camera to the app:
- Put camera in pairing mode, turn wifi connection on or wireless connections on
- Open app and tap the camera icon
- At this point the app will try to connect over bluetooth and take you through the pairing process, follow all the instructions on screen in app
- Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth
- Once you are paired just make sure for future reconnections that the wifi is on in the camera and you’ll be all set

Note sure if you have an Android or iOS device but it is true that sometimes I encounter connectivity issues as well (happens more commonly on Android I admit) - usually turning things off, battery pull and restarting things does fix the issue for me.

Hope this helps
Sightseer

[ New ]
Bring back Protune !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sightseer

[ New ]
Привет, оформила подписку, но в России не поддерживается. Или то, что вы пишите скоро выйдешь на IOS это именно про поддержку ?
A9D82A9A-6BEE-42DA-A608-706B3FEAE5D8.png
Sightseer

[ New ]
I loved the previous Quik app, but now need to pay and seem to have lost functionality like Live Photo, importing music from one drive, Dropbox or iCloud, and export in different resolution. Don’t get why you ask us to pay for less functionality. When will this be implemented again?
GoPro

[ New ]
@nicesand48313
In Russia we are only able to offer the Quik subscription and not the GoPro one. With the Quik subscription you have access to all premium features for editing.