Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: New Quik App

[ New ]

Hi @jimmythenoo365

What happens when trying to delete videos?

Are you getting an error message?

See if relaunching the app or restarting your phone will help.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

How can i add gps data to my videos? I understand that the former app offered the possibility to add gps "stickers". I can find any comparable thing in the new app? Please advice. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @chrisx9

What version is the app on?

Check out the steps on GoPro Quik: How to View Stickers

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

@aragon1006 i use the new app as said. version is 8.5 (5140). The how-to you linked is for the former app. In that old app, there was the "stickers" option. As i said, this option is NOT available in the new app. How can i use "stickers", specifically gps stickers, in the most recent app "quik"?

thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Stickers / GPS Stickers can be added when you edit a single media - not in Story mode.

Know that for now if you save a media with a sticker to the app and then select it to make a multi-clip edit, it will not have the sticker. You have to first SAVE TO PHONE, then import it from there for the sticker to be displayed.
That way the sticker is actually "burnt" onto the video. Otherwise it's just a layer that you can add and remove.

If you can't display stickers that require GPS data in Quik App it may be because the footage doesn't have data that are precise enough. Sometimes the GPS is locked then signal is lost and back on again, when this happens the data isn't reliable enough to use it in the stickers.
Check GPS signal on the camera make sure it's locked/activated (GPS pin icon is white not grey) before filming.
So first turn camera on (so no Quick Capture) and wait a bit for signal to be ok (it can take some time) and then start shooting. GPS will work best when outdoor.
Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash Works! Great, thank you :-)

Tourist

[ New ]

Ok, I have been really frustrated with this app. I shot a video which the Gopro divided this into multiple files, here are my questions:

• In the app there seems to be multiple copies of the video under Cloud, the individual videos and one video that seems to contain everything
  • the separate files when it was auto uploaded from the gopro, seems to be missing some files, I do not see how I can manually upload the missing file from the gopro because everytime I plug it in, it keeps saying "no new media to upload", so all I can use is the one big video
  • now when I go to the Quik app on ios, when I try to download the big video, it stalls in the end but never completes, I know I have space on the device but it never tells me why it stalls (this is when I choose, download to app)
  • when I try to choose 'save to Photos' on ios, it says it's the compressed file, which is OK, but again it never completes, says an error with no real details on what the error is
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @nimr0d

Sorry about all that.
I'll try to answer the best I can on this. Sorry if I don't have a solution for you.

When you upload your footage directly from camera to Cloud then your video will "appear" concatenated in the Cloud as one thumbnail, the proxy shows it as a single file for playback purposes but it's not a single file actually.
So when you download it to your app, you download single / separated files which are Chapters.
Chapters are a normal way for your camera to save large / long filming sessions to avoid any corruption of files.
See this article: https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Camera-File-Chaptering-Information/ta-p/390210

If you didn't use camera as a hub (= upload straight from camera to Cloud) then you would have gotten the individual files onto your app, which would have been sent as individual files to the Cloud.
All this was implemented so that Chapters don't loose their metadata.
Timestamps are retained.

If some files have not uploaded you could take them from the SD card and upload them to the Cloud via the computer.

If you don't manage to save a file to your app / to your phone and that the process doesn't complete, I would say it could be a space / memory problem. Chapters are big files.
I would try to delete the app and install it clean again - check phone memory, compared space needed and space available and try again.
Warning: deleting app deletes all of its content, that's how it releases space so make sure everything you want is saved (media/edits)

Downloading a 1 hour file takes like 30 minutes, could be more. If you move away from the router or cell range it could cause the download to fail, if there's some kind of interruption of the network, same thing.