Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: New Quik App

[ New ]
Thanks, but these highlights are not persisted in the clip. Do you plan to introduce a feature to add highlights during playback in the gallery? Just as I can do when I view media on my camera? This would IMO improve UX a lot.
GoPro

[ New ]

@pileqrai, if you're using an iOS device, you can add HiLights when you playback the video in the app's gallery. When you select and open the media in the App tab, there's a HiLight banner option that will allow you to add HiLights to the video as you play it back.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm trying to create an "event" in the new Quik on Android 11. I downloaded all the videos and photos to the app so they're locally available--about 15 videos and photos total. One of the videos is about one hour, the rest are shorter (~15 minutes max). I selected the items I wanted and created the event. However, it seems to just sit on the "Adding to Mural" screen forever (it's been going over an hour now), and if it times out and the screen locks or you leave the app and return it prompts you for the name again and seems to start all over! I hope this can run in the background eventually.

Tourist

[ New ]

@karln045 wrote:

I'm trying to create an "event" in the new Quik on Android 11. I downloaded all the videos and photos to the app so they're locally available--about 15 videos and photos total. One of the videos is about one hour, the rest are shorter (~15 minutes max). I selected the items I wanted and created the event. However, it seems to just sit on the "Adding to Mural" screen forever (it's been going over an hour now), and if it times out and the screen locks or you leave the app and return it prompts you for the name again and seems to start all over! I hope this can run in the background eventually.

This may be a file size issue, because I started trying to add the files individually. Everything worked fine except the two longer videos (13:59 and 54:46 at 1080/60). The 13:59 is probably larger than 4 GB (I think the chapter limit for 1080/60 is closer to 11:30), so it's possible the app can't handle this correctly.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks, so there's such feature :) I'm using Android, will there be such thing any time soon?
GoPro

[ New ]

We do not have information about it at this time, @pileqrai. We will definitely post once we have a solution. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

@pileqrai 

As a matter of fact - I just realized that the option to add HiLights for individual media - not in a Story - is only on iOS. 

I'm not sure if this feature will be added to Android however.
HiLights are exclusively used in Story - basically you put a HiLight and the tool will select that moment and show it in your video. 
HiLights don't have a role outside of the Story mode so there's no real point in having them for individual media if you're not in a Story.

There is a big tool update for HiLights that is in the work, long term project, so I'm not sure that this feature will be added on Android.

I recomment that you deal with HiLights only in Story mode for now.

GoPro

[ New ]
@karln045

Sorry about that
Yes it seems like the files you are trying to add are too big :( and the app can't handle it.
Also, what is your device?

Was your device going to sleep when you saw the message "Adding To Mural"?
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi :) Well I use it to mark important moments for later so I can later cut them into chunks with only interesting stuff. Also what's more important it's somehow getting unstable when you import few longer clips to  edit. I'm using Note10+ so it shouldn't be resources problem. 

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

I see what you mean, unfortunately I'm not sure this will be implemented on Android since an upgraded tool is in planning.

About the other issue, update 8.2 is just around the corner and it should solved many issues, lots of crashes :) Coming up this week.
Tourist

[ New ]
Ok, thanks a lot! ;) BTW are there any plans for desktop app?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,
I'm sorry I don't have enough info regarding Desktop.

Tourist

[ New ]

I'm having an absolute nightmare with this new app on my iPad on iOS and it's made accessing my existing Edits almost impossible to access. Unless I manually sweep scroll the screen sideways I can't see my Edits/Projects list and even then trying to open them is like trying to win the lottery by clicking randomly on the screen until something opens but then the projects don't load!

the app crashes all the time too. It's a nightmare. I'm worried that I'll loose all my ongoing projects now...

How could you release this software with so many bugs and lock away existing projects behind a subscribe screen? I thought existing GoPro Hero owners could use the free functions once they'd reconnected their cameras? 

And why won't your forum software allow iOS screenshots to be attached to the post? 

so frustrating.

All I want to do is get to my existing Edit projects and finish them off before I think about paying GoPro another cent. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @retrosteve. Do you get an error message or notification when the app crashes? Does your phone have enough memory space to accommodate the edits/new media? We recently released version 8.2 of Quik on iOS. See if updating to this latest will make a difference. Also, there is information on the free and paid features of Quik here that you may refer to. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi @mariustanya, no error message just a unresponsive black screen or app quits to Home Screen. Yes I’ve loads on free space.
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear about the issue, @retrosteve. To verify, is this same issue observed even with version 8.2 of the app? We just released this version yesterday. Will you be able to share a clip showing the issue? We'd like to report this to the app team so more specific information will be helpful. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash wrote:
@karln045

Sorry about that
Yes it seems like the files you are trying to add are too big :( and the app can't handle it.
Also, what is your device?

Was your device going to sleep when you saw the message "Adding To Mural"?

Device is a Google Pixel 4a (5G), and yes it was going to sleep when it was failing, but I tried again and for about an hour I prevented it from sleeping by repeatedly touching the screen to keep it awake (but it never finished).

Will larger files ever be supported by the app? I was hoping it would pull out highlight moments from the longer videos. These are GoPro videos that were stitched together automatically after uploading from the camera to GoPro Plus and then downloaded to the app.

GoPro

[ New ]

@retrosteve 

I'm sorry about the trouble that you are having, it seems like your app is in a bad state. 

Just to make sure are you running maybe both the NEW Quik App (icon Quik in white and black backgroun) and the OLD Quik App (icon is just Q logo blue/white + black background) if so I would recommend to delete the old Quik App as this app isn't supported.

Then reboot your device to help.

If you still encounter lots of issues it would be best to do a clean install of the app to start fresh. However this looses the content of the app (not media that you may have in GoPro Cloud if you have it of course I don't know) so it's more of a last resort option.

Quik 8.2 is the latest update, released recently.

@karln045

Sorry, indeed I believe that the files you are trying to add are too big.
I tested this as well, I added big files (not as big as you though) the device went to sleep, but upon waking up the device, my media were sent correctly to Mural wall. So going to sleep for the phone didn't stuck the process on my end, in that case the issue must be the files themselves. :(
You can actually set in the phone settings the time when the phone goes to sleep to a longer period.

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash im using the new QUIK app white text on black. 

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash wrote:

@karln045

Sorry, indeed I believe that the files you are trying to add are too big.
I tested this as well, I added big files (not as big as you though) the device went to sleep, but upon waking up the device, my media were sent correctly to Mural wall. So going to sleep for the phone didn't stuck the process on my end, in that case the issue must be the files themselves. :(
You can actually set in the phone settings the time when the phone goes to sleep to a longer period.

I know how to change the screen timeout, but I don't think that's the issue. The root issue appears to be large files, possibly files over 4 GB. The new Quik is an interesting idea, but if it can only support still photos and short video clips it's not all that useful to me.

GoPro

[ New ]
@karln045
I have reported the issue with the title screen being shown twice, this will be fixed.
However importing huge 1one hour file isn't really supported. The purpose is to make an auto-edit of something like 2/3 mins duration (a song duration) so going for huge files, it just won't work on a mobile.
Sorry about that.
Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash wrote:
@karln045
I have reported the issue with the title screen being shown twice, this will be fixed.
However importing huge 1one hour file isn't really supported. The purpose is to make an auto-edit of something like 2/3 mins duration (a song duration) so going for huge files, it just won't work on a mobile.
Sorry about that.

Well, I just got the 8.2 update and it looks like I can now import these longer files (and it only takes a second or two now). I only want to pull out some highlights so it still works for me.

GoPro

[ New ]
@karln045
Oh that's great to hear then! Thanks for letting us know :)
Tourist

[ New ]

Приложение не может получить доступ к отснятым материалам на камере. При первой попытке открыть записанное в камеру приложение предлагает перезагрузить камеру (не помогает), а при последующих приложение просто зависает. 
Quik установлен на iPhone 11 Pro, версия ПО 14.4.2 и на iPad mini 5, ПО 14.4.2 - на обеих устройствах ситуация одинаковая.  Камера GoPro Hero 6 Black.

Пробовал "отвязывать" камеру от приложения и создавать пары по новой - не помогло. 
Что делаю не так?

56B07ECB-5BAA-484C-AF5D-F235990556DC.png
Sightseer

[ New ]
Dopo l'ultimo aggiornamento l'app non carica più i video dal telefono sul cloud. Quick su Android 10
GoPro

[ New ]
@yeti39
Sorry about that, I don't know exactly what's happening here but seems like your camera is in a bad state.
I would: reboot phone and reboot camera + pull battery out and back in.
I would remove camera connections and add them again and do the pairing process again.
Last resort you could do also a factory reset of the camera if nothing seems to fix the issue.
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Take a look at this page for the upload status: https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/upload-status to check status of your upload.

Also I would restart your phone and log out / log in your GoPro account on the app
Tourist

[ New ]

Я все это уже делал - не помогает(

Tourist

[ New ]

Камера абсолютно рабочая, все функции работают и записанный материал можно увидеть на дисплее камеры, но выгрузить в Quik не получается(((

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi,

Are you talking about single media upload from app to GoPro Cloud or are you talking about Stories?

Stories do not export to Cloud unless ou first save them to your phone first.

Also only raw media are exported to Cloud and not edits.

Once the [non-uploaded] files are in App Media, you'll see 3 behaviors:

- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with a tiny watch on the cloud, that means that the media file is queued for upload.

- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an arrow pointing Up, then that said media file is currently being uploaded to cloud

- If the thumbnail has a Cloud Icon on it, with an exclamation mark, then the upload sequence for that media file errored out, and it'll re-attempt once you access the app again.

- If there is a cloud symbol + a check it means on the thumbnail, then the file was uploaded to cloud.

Note, it might take some time until the media will appear on cloud tab 

Sightseer

[ New ]
We are talking about the single media that is not uploaded not the stories. No loading symbol appears
Hiker

[ New ]

amigo voce habilitou essa fleg??? 

20210415_111326[1].png
Sightseer

[ New ]
Claro che si. Yes
Tourist

[ New ]

Смотрите мое самое первое сообщение) Я пытаюсь и не могу скачать файлы из камеры на iPhone или iPad. 

80135301-58B0-4630-AEAF-940CDDD90BC8.png
Tourist

[ New ]

При нажатии на любую из кнопок которые я выделил на фото приложении Quik зависает.

C19C47CE-B37E-46A1-820A-4A76A7A7DD03.gif
Tourist

[ New ]

Или если здесь выбрать - Quik тоже зависнет

DACA239F-D00F-400C-ACA4-300CFA98FE30.gif
Tourist

[ New ]
Marciliomka  Я не понимаю, что на фото? Это скриншот из приложения Quik?
GoPro

[ New ]
@yeti39

"The app cannot access the footage on the camera. At the first attempt to open the application recorded in the camera, it prompts you to restart the camera (it does not help), and on subsequent attempts, the application simply freezes.
Quik is installed on iPhone 11 Pro, software version 14.4.2 and on iPad mini 5, software 14.4.2 - the situation is the same on both devices. GoPro Hero 6 Black camera.
I tried to "untie" the camera from the application and create pairs on a new one - it did not help.
What am I doing wrong?"

>>> Please try to do a factory reset of your camera if you didn't already.
>>> Reboot phone + delete app and install again. (make sure all content is saved as this erase content of the app)

@mino1987
Ok so your single media are not uploading, they don't have any icons on them, as you seem to say.
Check Settings to make sure upload to Cloud is activated.
Reboot your phone.
Make sure that you are logged in with an account that has the GoPro subscription.
Check your account on a computer web browser at https://gopro.com/login
Check upload status here https://plus.gopro.com/media-library/upload-status 
Sightseer

[ New ]
I've already done all these checks but it doesn't work
GoPro

[ New ]
@mino1987
Ok thank you, I will share back with the Team. Maybe something else is stuck somewhere else...
GoPro

[ New ]
@mino1987
Ok, got the info back: there's an app issue currently with media not showing any cloud upload icon + info saying "not eligible for upload", it's only a UI problem, because eventually the media do upload it's just that there's no info. Give it time, it will get there.
Issue will be fixed.
Sightseer

[ New ]
Ok thank you very much
Sightseer

[ New ]
Здравствуйте. Решили проблему с подпиской?
Sightseer

[ New ]
Здравствуйте. решили проблему с подпиской?
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi, @superjump2238

At the moment we are not able to offer subscriptions to users in Russia but we are looking at solutions and hoping we manage at some point. I don't know when and if this will be possible, I know that the Team is looking at it.
Sorry about that.
Tourist

[ New ]

Cant add my wav file music to my video. On my music tab, is empty, not to mention i cant register lol

GoPro

[ New ]
@darchjesse

To add your own music:
In the Music screen tap not the blue + button. You will find the "GoPro Music" and "My Music" tag.
There you will see all songs that are stored locally on your device.
It has to be local on your phone so nothing from Apple Music or Spotify will be seen there.
For music to appear here -> The best way is to prepare a Playlist of your music in iTunes/Music then you plug your phone to your computer and synchronise your phone choosing this playlist so all tracks can be found in your device and can be used to make a Story in GoPro App.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you @haindash for the reply, 

I downloaded wva file into my iphone, and the problem is its not shown in th my mysic tab, moved the file into quik my music folder to no avail also, And before the update, it was working fine. Anymore suggestion?

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that, did you create a playlist in iTunes/Music app, plug your device in your computer, open iTunes/Music, select your phone, select Music then choose a playlist, then synchronise? That's the only way to do it, it's quite annoying I know....
Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you @haindash , its on now. 

Btw anyway I could join the gopro subscription, Im living in Jakarta, Indonesia.