Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

New Quick app. No option to save project?

[ New ]

I used my gopro yesterday and created a nice film from our trip to the Zoo with the family. When I finished and try to save it the option kept asking me to suscribe in order to save my work. Gopro pleas tell me you havent turned the app into a money making feature? Please tell me there is a way to save without suscribing? I have been a faithfull Gopro user since Gopro 5 came out. I own the Hero 5, 6, 7 and 8 and a Max. The app is part of the joy of using a GoPro,  please dont tell me youre just hungry for the money and dont care anymore about your loyal fans

GoPro

Re: New Quick app. No option to save project?

[ New ]

Hi @percho

Do you have any cameras paired with the app?

Check out https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-Free-vs-Subscription-Features/ta-p/1028709

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]
I have a subscription and the app still won’t save😕.
Actually it does sometimes.
Have tried restore purchases button.
This comes up with an error message and to contact support.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @adrianh0553. Will you be able to send us a clip showing the issue - that you are subscribed and it does not allow you to save your edits. We'd like to see the error that comes up. Many thanks!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Error message attached.
I think I have solved issue.
After the update and issue-
deleted old Quik app
Logged out of my account on the new Quik app
Logged back into my account on the new Quik app

Was able save most recent edit.
Will try again tomorrow and let you know if there is still a problem
68FE0971-588D-4317-B2AA-A929F9A8828F.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Great to know of this development, @adrianh0553. Thank you for the quick reply. Let us know how it goes tomorrow. 

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

If you own a GoPro, which is paired with the GoPro Quik app, you can make unlimited Stories but you can't be using premium tools such as: premium styles, filters, music and the speed segment tool.
For speed tool: you can put the whole video in slomo or fastmo - for that tap on the whole segment, this part is still free - but you can't make different segments with different speeds, that part is premium.
So when making a Story make sure you are not using any features that has a little blue lightning icon, those are premium features requiring a GoPro Subscription.

See this article:
https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-Free-vs-Subscription-Features/ta-p/1028709