Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

New Android Quick upgrade - Hero Session 5 - no video preview but shows 'busy'.

[ New ]

After upgrading to the new app version that became Quik my Session 5 Hero doesn't display a video preview.

I am using Android version 9.

Without a preview of the video it makes this camera useless for anything other than for taking static video.

Is there a solution to my woes?

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Betreff: New Android Quick upgrade - Hero Session 5 - no video preview but shows 'busy'.

[ New ]

Hi Enriquez, thanks for your attention and the heads up about 8.1. After some small issues downloading it from google play i found a mirror. Cleaning the cache and a reboot got it working perfectly. Many thanks.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/gopro-rm/gopro-formerly-capture-featuring-quikstories/gopro-formerly-c...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Sightseer

Betreff: New Android Quick upgrade - Hero Session 5 - no video preview but shows 'busy'.

[ New ]

I have exactly the same problem. 

GoPro

Re: Betreff: New Android Quick upgrade - Hero Session 5 - no video preview but shows 'busy'.

[ New ]

@vitalpeak73441, @grayrange5574, just to check, what are the video resolution settings used in the camera? Some video resolutions and modes don't support the live preview in the app.

Moreover, we've released v8.1 of the GoPro Quik. Please make sure to have the latest version of the app installed.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Enriquez, thanks for your attention and the heads up about 8.1. After some small issues downloading it from google play i found a mirror. Cleaning the cache and a reboot got it working perfectly. Many thanks.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/gopro-rm/gopro-formerly-capture-featuring-quikstories/gopro-formerly-c...