Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

My iphone app is too large

[ New ]
Hello
I have 2 about 2500kb each videos uploaded to the gopro app from my gopro. My app wont let me download them to my iphone because it says that there is not enough memory. What can I do to save these 2 videos. My gopro app says it is taking up 30.5 GB. I have only the 2 videos in the app. Everything else has been downloaded to my phone then sent to a thumb drive and deleted out of the app and off of the phone. I signed up for gopro plus hoping that I would be able to send the videos to the cloud, but no luck. It appears that I have to delete the app to clear its space from my phone. Any suggestions how to do this and not lose the 2 videos?
Tourist

Re: My iphone app is too large

[ New ]
My phone is an Iphone 6s plus 64GB
And my camera is a gopro hero7 black
8587C6C7-BCA9-4147-99E2-9695EF9B4946.png
Tourist

[ New ]
Here is whats in the app
Tourist

[ New ]

6327353B-C974-453C-8777-0EE3977C143F.png
Tourist

[ New ]
Bump for the west coast
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @dennista15

Sorry for any trouble caused.

What are the file sizes of the videos on the app?

Please make sure that you are also using the latest version of the GoPro app.

If you have access to another phone, see if you'll be able to transfer the file.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks Ej
One file is 2198MB and the other is 4006MB.
Both are on the gopro app, on the app side of media. They have been deleted off of the camera. There would be no way to use another phone, unless I’m missing something.
Is there another way to send the 2 videos and retrieve them. My phone wont accept them as it says I have no more memory for them. And the only way to get back space is to delete the gopro app to recover 30GB space. How does 6000MB take up 30GB?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @dennista15. The only other way to get the video files off of the app is to save it to the PLUS cloud. We have already shared with the team the observation of the huge storage space consumed by the app. We will keep you posted once we hear back from them. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

Anything new on this topic? My son is having the same issue and I have done all the troubleshooting I can think of? I am thinking it is an encoding issue? He has plenty of space on both his phone and icloud. Phone is an XR

Sightseer

[ New ]
Same here need some help. The app is using all my iPhone memory. Member of plus I though solved that problem
but I guess not???
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @lithevista4484 and @mikecrossaw. Sorry, we have not heard back from the team regarding this particular issue. Are you still seeing the same error message regarding storage issue when trying to move your media from the app to the phone? This is on version 6.18.1 of the GoPro App, correct? 

A screenshot of showing the issue (error message, storage capacity available) will be greatly helpful. We will revisit the report with the team and see how it's going. Many thanks!

If you have a PLUS subscription, you should be able to add media to the PLUS cloud by enabling the Mobile Upload in the app (Settings > My Account > Mobile Upload). This will allow your media to be accessible through other mobile devices or a computer as long as the account holder is signed in. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Plus cloud didn’t help, and that takes forever to upload to from the camera. The only thing that helped was backing up my phone and completely deleting everything. After reinstalling the last backup my phone worked better, but i’m close to needing to do it again. It seems also that the quik app was counting videos as space in it, even though they are not actually in it. I cannot use quik app due to that, too much cache in each app I suppose makes the phone crash.
GoPro

[ New ]

An update, @mikecrossaw and @lithevista4484. Our App team just confirmed that the storage issue should be fixed already. This is through version 6.18 of the GoPro App. Will you be able to verify this fix? We'd love to hear back from you. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi, @dennista15. To verify, are you using Quik for mobile app or the GoPro App? The storage issue with the GoPro app is resolved with version 6.18. See if this is true on your end. We'd appreciate your feedback. Thanks!