Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

My hero7 black connected fine when I used it first times. Now some 3 weeks later first connection

My hero7 black connected with the app, when I used it for the first times. Now some 2 months later I wanted to load the update. Connected first with the app, but could not upload. The connection broke. I made several tries, but it always broke the connection. I started with my tab "Nexus 7" and tried also with Samsung phone. The same problem. How to proceed? Nexus runs with 6.01 version and the phone with ??(propably similar, or newer?

Veijo

GoPro

Re: My hero7 black connected fine when I used it first times. Now some 3 weeks later first connec...

Hi @redtree18038

An updated has been released both for the camera and the app(Android).

Please have your camera and the GoPro app updated.

Once done test to see if this corrects the connection issue.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: My hero7 black connected fine when I used it first times. Now some 3 weeks later first connec...

Thanks I updated the app, but due to breaking connection of the camera the update of camera failed.

If I reset the connection and reconnect, the app finds the camera, but then the connection breaks again. I once got a notice from phone, that the camera broke the connection to WiFi!

Phone runs with Android 8.1.0.

I'm helpless.

Thanks

Veijo

Tourist

I once more read the support and removed previous data from WiFi and from bt.

Then resetting connection and a new pairing. Paired okay, but first the update did not start, but the connection came back and then update did succeed.

For now it works again.

Thanks

Veijo 

GoPro

Thanks for letting us know @nobleflame55231

Feel free to post back if something comes up.

Regards,

Ej