Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

My Hero9 will not show live view on IPAD Pro App but works on Android phone. Why?

[ New ]

I have a Hero9 with MaxMod. It syncs perfectly including live view on my Quik app on my Android Hauwei phone but it will not show live view on my Quik app on my brand new Ipad Pro. The live view is a fuzzy green screen of nothing and an icon with a line through it and a message "Enable Live View" which does nothing when clicked. Please tell my how to fix this problem.

Mal Spottiswood

GoPro

Re: My Hero9 will not show live view on IPAD Pro App but works on Android phone. Why?

[ New ]

Hi @mals54

Is this only happening when the Mod is attached?

What is the version of the Quik app on the iPad?

Can you please check if changing the camera's Wi-Fi Band will help? Preferences> Connections> Wi-Fi Band

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Re: My Hero9 will not show live view on IPAD Pro App but works on Android phone. Why?

[ New ]

I have now tested the GoPro9 on Quik (downloaded this version only less than a week ago) and have removed the Max Mod replaced the standard lens and the live vies on the IppadPro is still a fuzzy blur so it it is obviously nothing to do with which lens is being used.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

I would advice to the a full connectivity check

Firstly the device:
- Restart the iPad
- After it is back on turn off/on wifi and bluetooth 
- Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu
- Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu

Secondly the app:
- Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app (long press on camera image)
- Kill the app and relaunch

Lastly the camera:
- Pull battery out and back in

- Make sure you are running the latest camera Firmware
- Turn wifi off and on
- Turn camera off and on

Now for pairing the camera to the app:
- Put camera in pairing mode, turn wifi connection on or wireless connections on
- Open app and tap the camera icon
- At this point the app will try to connect over bluetooth and take you through the pairing process, follow all the instructions on screen in app
- Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth
- Once you are paired just make sure for future reconnections that the wifi is on in the camera and you’ll be all set

Hope this helps
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the detailed response it did not work but I got my computer engineer son on the job and he found a specific fix in a IOS problem blog and it worked like a charm and now both my GoPro Hero 7 and GoPro Hero 9 have the live views on both GoPros  on my new IPAD Pro working perfectly  but I dont know exactly how he did it but is a specific  IOS  GoPro fix!

GoPro

[ New ]
Well that's awesome! Yay for the computer engineer son!!! If he can share what he did, maybe that can help some more people later down the road :)