Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

My Hero 4 is not showing new photos in media.

[ New ]

It will allow me to control my gopro though so is connected but shows photos from 2 years ago when I last used it.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: My Hero 4 is not showing new photos in media.

[ New ]

The camera may have the incorrect date to start with and the date got auto-corrected the moment the camera was paired with the app. 

How long ago have you last used the camera? It is normal for the camera's date and time information to be reset when it is left without a battery or with an empty battery for an extended period of time. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @grandboost13728. Which phone are you using and which OS is it on? Do you ave version 6.18 of the app installed? 

We'd like to gather additional details to isolate the issue. Which SD card are you using? The information on the brand, type, and capacity will be helpful. 

When the camera is paired with the app, are you able to preview the photo from the camera on the app? If the app allows you to import the files, do you get any confirmation from the app that the files were successfully imported? 

Is the issue observed in photos only? What about videos? 

Tourist

[ New ]
I have an iPhone 8. I now have found that although the date is correct on the GoPro the photos have saved as 1st Jan 2015 for those I took using the GoPro itself. Those I have taken through the app controlling the GoPro are the correct date. I am trying to save the photos and have now managed a few but half of those taken today are not showing at all on the app but are on the playback screen, and many are showing as a black screen.
I haven’t taken any videos to answer that yet.
GoPro

[ New ]

The camera may have the incorrect date to start with and the date got auto-corrected the moment the camera was paired with the app. 

How long ago have you last used the camera? It is normal for the camera's date and time information to be reset when it is left without a battery or with an empty battery for an extended period of time. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I used it two years ago. I have used a family members GoPro in the mean time so my app has two devices connected.

Yesterday and today I could not get the photos off of it at all. I have tried connecting the app and although it says connected it just wont connect the media at all. When i connected it to a computer I did then manage to get the media to connect. Im very confused. Any help greatly appreciated.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @grandboost13728

What error message are you getting when you try to access Media?

Would you mind sending us a screenshot or a screen recording of the app?

Can you help us with the following information:  GoPro App version, phone and OS version.

Thanks!

Ej