Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Music MP3 file

[ New ]

Hey! 

I am really struggling to add any music file of my own onto the video. 

I have tried VARIOUS mp3 files and a few of the other formats that Quik support, but no luck. 

I have added them into my music folder on 'files', but Quik can't find any of them when I open the app?

Does anyone know what I can do?

Tourist

Re: Music MP3 file

[ New ]

I am having the same problem!!!!!

Where do we add our own mp3s???
When I click my Music.. then what? how can I choose something???

Tourist

[ New ]

Same here... need urgent help!!! 

GoPro

[ New ]
@fleethike762 @all4artz @okokokok

About music - sorry but this is a bit different than how it used to work in the OLD Quik App.
The previous app had access to Cloud services such as Dropbox or Drive, this feature isn’t yet developed for the new app.

In the Music screen tap not the blue + button. You will find the "GoPro Music" and "My Music" tab.
Under « My Music » tab There you will see all songs that are stored locally on your device. It has to be local on your phone so nothing from Apple Music or Spotify will be seen there.
The best way is to prepare a Playlist of your music in iTunes/Music then you plug your phone to your computer and synchronise your phone choosing this playlist so all tracks can be found in your device and can be used to make a Story in Quik App.
Tourist

[ New ]

Can you explain this? If I want to use Apple Music, are you saying that I create a playlist on my computer in Apple Music. Once I do that and then plug my phone into my computer, the phone should store those songs locally and then I can upload them from the My Music tab in Quik?

Tourist

[ New ]
I do not see the blue “plus” button in My Music…

The simple way I did was to reinstall the older Quik app (through cloud) and could add my favourite songs through google drive.
GoPro

[ New ]
You have to have the mp3 file locally on your iTunes then sent via synchronisation to your device so I'm not sure if this will work. Apple Music / Spotify are streaming services and you can't use music from those platforms in your Story.
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi, when you're in the Music Panel you have a selection of music, but on the bottom right corner, there's a + button that opens more options for music.
Yes the pervious Quik version had access to Cloud services, we didn't manage to add that yet, sorry.
Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks - is there plans to add it? If yes, what’s the time line.
I normally add my own music and narration to my videos … this is a big handicap with the new version.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks, add mp3 has a music selection, but in the bottom right corner there is a + button to open more options for your own music… that's what I know.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
I do not have a timeline but I'm on the front pushing for this :)
Tourist

[ New ]

Music is something that helps us feel more alive and focused. You want to add music, listen to music. sonnerie telephone

Sightseer

[ New ]

This is also what I was looking for in terms of mp3 files available on online radio stations these days. They are strongly developed.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello, better to add the same option as the old Quik app, it's easier adding your own music through those online drives than syncing through iTunes music. 

Thanks, Jeff

Sightseer

[ New ]

Ecouter la radio is what I can recommend for you