Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Mural..... why develop a phone app for editing over PC/Mac software?? why?

[ New ]

Question is as per the title.

why Gopro would you invest so much time,  money and trademark names into an app that has 1000s of phones and resolutions to work on over a piece of software that a set in stone; i.e windows PC win10 /Mac OS 12+ can use -  its what the pros use? phones are limited on storage, screen real estate and power so you can only do so much.  i'd fill my phone after filling 1 mSD card then what? my data bill would go crazy........ etc

the photo "mural"  backdrop; i.e. "background" is nothing groundbreaking and has been a feature of phones and PCs for decades. Not sure what the song and dance announcement was for? 

i for one won't be using the app to edit my footage; i just pull the card / replace and move on..... then compile it all after the events. 

There is no Quik - EOL 2 years ago so why would you refresh an app thats still current?

Hiker

Re: Mural..... why develop a phone app for editing over PC/Mac software?? why?

[ New ]

i'd like to know this too. when can we expect a useful piece of working software for doing what should be included with any camera as a suite.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback, it will be shared with the Team.
Software for PC/Mac is more of a long-term plan.
Mural will evolve and more features will be added, but we had to start somewhere. We do have a focus on phone editing to make easier videos on-the-go.
Tourist

[ New ]
Agreed. I saved a photo to the Mural to hide the annoying splash screen.

I too am having issues with storage on my phone (plenty of room on the phone SD card… :-s )

I'm uploading from the camera to my account, deleting all the media from APP to make room, transferring from CLOUD to APP to make edits (as long as the raw footage isn't too large) Uploading edits to CLOUD to share, deleting raw footage from APP to make room.

Can the App use the SD on a Moto Z?
Tourist

[ New ]

The new software update is a huge step backwards.  I will limit my use of the app in response,

I HATE auto playing videos.

it's not a tutorial if it won't go away

GoPro

[ New ]
UX/UI improvements will be done, sorry for the frustration.