11-01-2018 06:16 AM
from the beginning I have multiple connection problems with my GoPro Hero7. Following set up:
Phone: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Android Version: 8.0.0
GoPro app version: 5.0
Quik app version: 188.8.131.5292
First I had GoPro Wifi in 5GHz mode and could not connect at all. When I switched to 2.4GHz at least my camera was found and I could rename it.. From here I cannot use any wireless functionality reliably.
1) App screen "Camera": The wifi symbol is highlighted in blue. When I select the media icon, it eventually shows media on the camera, then loses the connection.. But this seems to recover once I reenter the media menu.
2) App screen "Home": Quik Stories does not work. Several scenarios: GoPro is not found, GoPro is found, but data couldn't be downloaded ("Something went wrong.."), Data is only loaded partially - I have several videos and pictures on the camera, but only one is downloaded.
I changed to "Auto-Mode", but this doesn't help. I switched Auto-Mode back off, pulled down in the home screen - no updates.
This is very frustrating.. Please help.
11-01-2018 07:51 AM
11-01-2018 09:38 AM
I followed the steps of the above link:
- de-coupled the camera via "Camera" screen and long-press on the camera
- I removed the camera from the bluetooth menu (was already twice there)
- I checked the Wifi menu, no GoPro entry left
- reset connection settings in the camera
- set Wifi Band to 2.4GHz
- re-connected the camera via "Connect Devices" menu
- Camera was detected by the app
- Connection lost immediately, app tried to reconnect, saying something like "New connection attempt to GP252.....", waiting circles turned for ever until I aborted.
- Camera connected, media visible via media button in "Camera" screen
- Home screen does not synchronize - "GoPro not found"
What are the next steps?
11-01-2018 09:55 AM
Thanks for your efforts in going through the troubleshooting steps.
See if uninstalling then reinstalling the app will make a difference.
Once done, try to go over the pairing process again.
If all else fails, please let our Support Team assist you further.
Please have your camera's serial number when contacting them.
11-01-2018 03:26 PM