Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Mobile communication charges for the GoPro app

[ New ]

The URL below states that the GoPro app does not affect the data plan of the mobile phone.

``Will My Data Plan be Affected by Downloading Files From My Camera to My Phone?''
https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/Will-My-Data-Plan-be-Affected-by-Downloading-Files-From-My/ta-p/39...

However, in the attached image you can see that mobile communication charges are incurred from the GoPro app.

The mobile phone used is "iPhone 11 Pro Max 512GB".
You can check the mobile communication data volume of the GoPro app by checking "Settings" → "Mobile communication" on the iPhone.

What kind of operation does the GoPro app do when mobile communication charges are incurred?

Anyone know more about this issue?

We are looking forward to your reply from GoPro staff.

Urgently please help me somebody.

Thank you.

goprogopro.png

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Mobile communication charges for the GoPro app

[ New ]

Hello, @godv and @theodonnells. When downloading data from the camera to the phone, the mobile device used does not consume any data (from Wi-Fi or mobile data) since it is connected to the camera's Wi-Fi. 

Check on your phone settings for any setting that automatically connects your mobile device to any available network the moment that the camera is disconnected from the GoPro App. If you have the Mobile Upload feature enabled, this could be the only time that the app would consume data

View solution in original post

All Replies
Tourist

[ New ]

I noticed my app switches off the actual wifi on my phone and changes to use network data.So i ve used all my data when ive been on wifi.Probably whats happening to yours too. the app is faulty.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @godv and @theodonnells. When downloading data from the camera to the phone, the mobile device used does not consume any data (from Wi-Fi or mobile data) since it is connected to the camera's Wi-Fi. 

Check on your phone settings for any setting that automatically connects your mobile device to any available network the moment that the camera is disconnected from the GoPro App. If you have the Mobile Upload feature enabled, this could be the only time that the app would consume data

Sightseer

[ New ]

When downloading data from the camera to the phone, the mobile device used does not consume any data (from Wi-Fi or mobile data) since it is connected to the Wi-Fi of the camera.