Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Mobile app (former Capture) udside down

Is there any feature in the mobile app that flips the video / picture udside down)

sometimes the pictures are correct alligned but some times they are udside down. Is et possible to flip the images upside down in the app or is this only possible in the pc version?

plese could et be developed to the app - I would be a great feature. As kite surfer who has the GoPro mounted in kitelines that tvist and turns it could alså be nice with a feature that alligns the horizon.

thanks in advance.

Surfing_pete

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Mobile app (former Capture) udside down

Hi @boldwater16500,

What phone are you using?

Normally most android and iOS device have photo editor tool that can flip an image. 

Regards,

-Jay

Highlighted
Tourist

I’m using a iPad. I often capture smal clips of surf an make small videos I iMovie. However if the image is upside down it vil remain being upside down when I compile the video. I can edit pictures usei g std tools in the iPad for pictures,to turn image. However have not found the same for videos. Greatfull fora hack!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @boldwater16500,

Got it. You might need third party software for your iPad. 

Looks like there is no default app that can rotate videos. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks Jay, not exactly the reply I had hoped for -  but at least it seems like I didn’t miss an obvious solution or feature in the app.

cheers

Pete

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @boldwater16500

We'll try to request to have that feature Pete :) 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Jay
That World be so awsome! And a significant improviseret of the app.
As the rotate function is in the pc version it might be possible for the app developers to get inspired / or convert the code for the app derived from the pc solution. Crossing my fingers. It would be so convenient when your on the fly and saving clips directly via the GoPro WiFi connection the the mobile IOS devices. Currently I’ll need to wait til I get home to the pc - but that often takes extra time - where I will be using the mobile devices during transport in flights trains during waiting time.
Thanks again
Surfing_Pete