Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Missing source media

[ New ]
Hi
When I try to edit my quick story i get info Missing source media. I am using an Android 11 phone and didn't delete or move any of my media (phitos/videos) how can I update GoPro database/paths in order to edit my quickstory?
Kind regards
Jarek

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Missing source media

[ New ]
Hi,
I'm sorry but it's not accessible: the app grabs media from the App Tab or phone, but the folder structure isn't open to access it.
If the media is removed / not available anymore, it means that the link between source media and generated project is broken and it can't be undone, I'm sorry.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello, @yareckey. Which version of the Quik app are you using? Are these quickstories recently edited ones? Do you still have all the media included/used in the edit/story? 

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @yareckey
Sorry about that but in order to edit a Story you have to have all original / source media present under your App Tab in Quik app otherwise it can't be edited / open again.
Videos that were made on the old Quik app cannot be re-edited in the new one.
Sightseer

[ New ]

I didn't move any of my media. 

Can You pls point the location where the files should be placed/stored?

I will check if they are still there and if not will make an extra copy to that folder.

Kind regards

Jarek

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,
I'm sorry but it's not accessible: the app grabs media from the App Tab or phone, but the folder structure isn't open to access it.
If the media is removed / not available anymore, it means that the link between source media and generated project is broken and it can't be undone, I'm sorry.