Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Meine App hat sich "aufgeräumt" und alle Videos gelöscht, Quik hat sich aus der Cloud neu installier

Geiler Tag, ich habe richtig viele Aufnahmen vom Karneval der Kulturen in Berlin aufgenommen, habe alle Videos auf mein Smartphone übertragen und dann hat plötzlich Quik in der GoPro App gefehlt und hat sich aus der Cloud geladen.

Dann stand bei der GoPro App "aufräumen" und als ich meine Videos angucken wollte, waren die ALLE weg.

Natürlich habe ich vorher die SD-Karte gelöscht, weil sie voll war und außerdem hatte ich ja alle Videos auf dem Handy...

Und jetzt?! Einfach weg? 1 Tag Aufnahmen einfach weg?! Ich habe probiert, die Daten auf der SD Karte wiederherzustellen, das hat natürlich NICHT geklappt.... ich bin gerade echt bedient, aber vielleicht hat ja noch jemand einen rettenden Rat für mich...

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Meine App hat sich "aufgeräumt" und alle Videos gelöscht, Quik hat sich aus der Cloud neu ins...

Hello @dnbspart. Thank you reaching out. Installing Quik for mobile app on your phone should not delete any information or data(videos/photos) from the GoPro app. The media imported to the app will only be deleted if you have uninstalled the GoPro App (not Quik) or has cleared data on the app settings (applicable if you are using an Android phone). Even when you have set your media to automatically upload to cloud, the imported files should remain in the app. 

Do you recall getting a warning or notification that downloading or installing Quik will erase the files? See if you can access the files through the local Media tab within GoPro App. If not, check if you will be able to recover deleted files through your phone manufacturer. Please let us know what you find out. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Meine App hat sich "aufgeräumt" und alle Videos gelöscht, Quik hat sich aus der Cloud

I've got a feeling you are talking about the ios offload functionality when the device starts running low on memory. If so when that ios functionality has kicked in in the past for me the application data was safe, it was just the applications executable that was removed... Unless there is a bug in quik related to this?
Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: Meine App hat sich "aufgeräumt" und alle Videos gelöscht, Quik hat sich aus der C

Hey guys, thank you for your support for now.

I deactivated the „clearing function“ in iOS directly after posting this yesterday. I have an iPhone with 256 GB and about 112 GB are used now. Actually when I added the videos via wifi the data could have been 30 GB maximum, maybe that was the reason Apple decided to clear some data. But: If Apple clears data on the phone for example apps the real data should have stayed remained but all of my videos are gone. Not only those of yesterday, ALL recorded videos in the past are gone.

I think there must be a real big bug but actually I cannot recreate it. Even if I could I would not want to get my videos deleted again.

No, there was NO warning about deleting videos or data. I just opened the gopro app and found out that it said I had to install Quik. At this point there were no videos shown in the top of the app. The cleaning process happened after this. So I have one last idea which is probably wrong as it didn’t happen before:

Are the videos on the GoPro and in the GoPro app synced?! That would directly explain why all of the videos where gone because I wanted a cleared SD card...
Otherwise there’s a really bad bug somewhere which has to be found imo.
Highlighted
Tourist

Betreff: Meine App hat sich "aufgeräumt" und alle Videos gelöscht, Quik hat sich aus der C

What I thought were two things: when Apple cleared the data in the GoPro app it should only have deleted CACHE files. Are these videos declared as CACHE? That would also explain why the videos were gone.
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Betreff: Meine App hat sich "aufgeräumt" und alle Videos gelöscht, Quik hat sich aus der C

Appreciate you sharing your findings, @dnbspart. We will bring these details back to the team in charge. We will keep you posted through this thread once we hear back from them. Thanks!