Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Max not uploading footage to phone

[ New ]

this started happening randomly.  I took a video today, and when I connect my max to my (Android) phone with the gopro app, and go to the tab where it shows new media and previews and such (2nd tab), it shows that there is new media to download - Great!.   I click "Get it" or whatever it says, and it looks like its working, but nothing actually gets downloaded?  Then the "new media" notification goes away because I'd guess it thinks that the new media already got downloaded?  Not really sure.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app, but that didn't worked. 

I'm a bit frustrated at this point because I have several new videos that I cant get onto my phone and I cant edit them because theres no desktop editing software yet (Yay windows)

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated!

Tourist

Re: Max not uploading footage to phone

[ New ]

As a quick update, I have been able to go to the cameras page and download some videos through the "View Media" button.  HOWEVER, my phone states that its a "low resolution preview"?   Not sure what thats about. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @daringhike3183

Sorry for any trouble caused.

Can you help us with the following information please: phone, OS, GoPro app, and camera version.

Would you be able to do a test recording using 3K/60? See if this will transfer to the app.

Here are some links you can check:

360 Media Support in the GoPro App

What are .thm and .lrv files?

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @daringhike3183 

So I'm testing right now on my Pixel 1 - I have set up in Preferences (GoPro App) > Auto-Offload on.
I'm taking new videos with my MAX and refreshing (drag drop down) the Feed page (which is tab n.2 right after the camera tab) and well, the new videos I'm taking are not being offloaded ... so I need to investigate that.

Do you have Auto-Offload on in your GoPro App Preferences?

Now in your case, you can still go on the Camera Page then View Media and from there you select your media manually and download them to your App. Long select on elements so they turned blue then tap on the top button to download to app.

Once downloaded to app you can edit them as you wish and save what you want to your Phone.
If you just tap on the media you will have the Low Res Preview because you are watching the media directly on the camera. You have to long-press on it to select :) 

Going to the camera directly is usually the process I use (instead of Auto-Offload) so I can pick the media I want.

Let me know how it goes :)

GoPro

[ New ]

@daringhike3183  When viewing media on the camera we show a low resolution "preview" of the video.  Once you download the video it will be in it's original resolution.  It's much faster to load the camera media if they are LRV (low resolution video) files instead of the entire MP4.  

We are also investigatng the issue with auto offload on Max.

GoPro

[ New ]

@daringhike3183 Can you tell us more about what type of media you are trying to offload?  Do you know if your videos are time warp /time lapse videos, regular 360 videos, 2D videos, 5K, 3K?